Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA's new focus: BBQ

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wondering, if I bring my own BBQ rub will TSA make sure I am evenly covered during the "Pat Down"?
Old May 22, 2019, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
"Freeze! Nobody sneeze!"

Makes me wonder if tobacco chew ever gets inspected to make sure it's legit 'chew' and not marijuana. Probably a bad time to be taking snuff to the airport.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
"Freeze! Nobody sneeze!"

Makes me wonder if tobacco chew ever gets inspected to make sure it's legit 'chew' and not marijuana. Probably a bad time to be taking snuff to the airport.
The crazy thing is, if a TSA screener opened a container of a powder to test or take a sniff and it was fentanyl they would likely inhale a deadly dose, potentially contaminate that area requiring a hazardous chemical team response, and shutdown a terminal/checkpoint for an extended period of time. Surely doing such isn't how TSA screeners are instructed to sample/test unknown items.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
It won't be a pretty scene if one of them decides to take the initiative and 'test' hot barbecue rub by sniffing it. I've seen them sniff opened liquids. If I distrusted something (powder, liquid, whatever) to want to subject it to further testing, I am not going to start that testing with my nose.

Of course, I haven't been to the 'academy', so maybe they are trained how to do it safely.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
It's just not BBQ without sauce.
Actually, it is BBQ sauces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.