Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insane person at OAK today

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'm still just curious how any of it makes the lady "insane"?
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Was this Pre-Check or in a regular lane? If in a regular lane I don't see the problem. If this was a Pre-Check lane this would absolutely be a problem and I would probably just cut in front of her.
Bottom line, this is a major TSA failure.

Throughout TSA's existence, we have been warned of multi-person plots and bad guys 'testing' the system by creating distractions at the checkpoint.

The belt monitors can and should be responsible for ensuring smooth traffic flow - not the pax! If there's rising tension because one pax is complying with TSA rules (or deliberately causing a delay and confusion) but another pax is getting impatient, that's a potential distraction that could be exploited by bad guys.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Was this Pre-Check or in a regular lane? If in a regular lane I don't see the problem. If this was a Pre-Check lane this would absolutely be a problem and I would probably just cut in front of her.
If someone is loading up the dog dishes in the prep area, just go around/ ahead of them and put your rollaboard/ whatever directly onto the conveyor belt. If she objects to THAT, then you may make a polite comment to the effect that you are trying to keep the line flowing. 99%+ of people would not have a problem.
rickg523 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by fastflyer
If someone is loading up the dog dishes in the prep area, just go around/ ahead of them and put your rollaboard/ whatever directly onto the conveyor belt. If she objects to THAT, then you may make a polite comment to the effect that you are trying to keep the line flowing. 99%+ of people would not have a problem.
This.

Mind you, 99% of the population has better things to worry about. I don't mind if you go around me, but I do mind if you are unable to do it without dramatic sighs and eye rolls and gratuitous snarky comments. Get a life - I don't like the pressures of travel either, and you aren't making it better for anyone if you can't chill out.
jkhuggins likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.