Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by blue_can
I was thinking the same thing. I only have GE so I'm not sure how it works for PreCheck but as I recall for GE I only got an email saying that the application status had changed. after the interview and I had to log on to see the status. A letter about eligibility does not sound good - hopefully I'm wrong and the OP gets PreCheck.
Actually, that's the standard language to inform the applicants that there has been a change in the status of their TSA PreCheck application regardless of whether it was an approval or a denial.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

NO MORE GROPING..NO MORE!!!!!!^^

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) reviewed your submission to the TSA Pre✓® Application program and determined you are eligible for the Program. As a result, TSA will issue you a Known Traveler Number (KTN) for you to use when making flight reservations.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by luckydriver
NO MORE GROPING..NO MORE!!!!!!^^

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) reviewed your submission to the TSA Pre✓® Application program and determined you are eligible for the Program. As a result, TSA will issue you a Known Traveler Number (KTN) for you to use when making flight reservations.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
i dont understand the comment. i have my number in hand . are they still gonna frisk me. if so i want my money back and dinner
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
i dont understand the comment. i have my number in hand . are they still gonna frisk me. if so i want my money back and dinner
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre Check will apply on most trips through security but TSA can send anyone through enhanced screening at any time.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: TSA
Somewhere in the fine print of the Pre agreements, there is a line that reads something to the effect of "Pre does not guarantee expedited screening" and another one that is something along the lines of "there is a random deselection element" that indicates that there can be random trips that you do not get Precheck, even if you are in the program. This is one way that they try and safeguard against someone trying to "game" the system. There is also a random additional screening generator on the WTMDs - most of you have seen or been nominated by it before. I have even been selected randomly during my travels.

Bottom line, there is no guarantee that you will always get expedited screening.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

i love no longer getting to the airport early (not that there was ever a line anyway. i traveled tuesday of thanksgiving and not a SOUL was in line - i have pics to prove it - ). but anyways i've started getting to the airport much later than normal and love not having to worry. ive flown 8 times the past year and longest wait was 30. most waits are 0 to 2 min.

but the best part is NO TOUCHING!!!!!!

if you are a newbie there are things the other people havent posted that will come in handy. first thing i noticed was there are no bins! so why arent there bins? you still have keys/ metal credit cards, lifesaver wrappers (YES those set it off)

i took off my coat cause i didnt want to chance the zipper setting it off and just had to put it on top of my bag. but my belt did set it off so i took it off and had to toss it on some ladys purse cause if i put it on the rollers it would have fallen through and my stuff already was thru the xray . but once i learned these 2 tricks NO touching in PHL (D) or DFW (e18). on my return trip what i did was before i got to the line i took off watch wallet keys and stuff in pockets and put in my bag , that way no worries. cause otherwise no place to put your stuff on the rollers! it would fall through.

i gotta say even if you fly once a year you are nuts not to get this . the govt is here to help you and for once it worked

in DFW a guy in front of me kept his coat on and it set off the detector but then i heard someone mention random and the dude said 'random?' so maybe there really is random screening. i was waved through while he fussed around so no clue what he actually had to do but he was headed for the dreaded scanner..NOOOO!!!!!! poor guy.

also since going thru the process i have full confidence i havent committed any crimes since they searched their databased and i'm proven to be an honorable upstanding citizen (or at least one that wore gloves
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
Glad you're enjoying your PreCheck and have your crotch to yourself now. Most of the PreCheck lanes I've been in have some sort of bowl you can put things like keys, watches, etc. into. Many times they are located right next to the detector not where you expected the non-existent bins to be. I just use the same standard procedure I use for non-PreCheck. Sometime before security, I empty my pockets - cellphones, wallet, keys, money, coins, etc into my carry on bag along with my glasses and belt if not in Pre. Just plop the carry on bag onto the belt. Less things to attend to on the other side, just grab my bag and head to the lounge and pull anything out I need there. At that point all I really need is my phone.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TSA has long had a fascination about crotches and other intimate areas. TSA uses words like "sensitive areas" which is not descriptive and doesn't inform the passenger of what is about to happen.

Case in point is this article from December 2016.

Dear TSA: The country is not safer because you grab vaginas

There is also a second video on the same page of TSA "patting down" a woman who has an implanted port after having a lumpectomy.

In neither case does TSA's screeners show any compassion or concern for the passengers well mental being. Simply put TSA likes to Grope! The more invasive the better.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:01 am

i love no longer getting to the airport early (not that there was ever a line anyway. i traveled tuesday of thanksgiving and not a SOUL was in line - i have pics to prove it - ). but anyways i've started getting to the airport much later than normal and love not having to worry. ive flown 8 times the past year and longest wait was 30. most waits are 0 to 2 min.

but the best part is NO TOUCHING!!!!!!

if you are a newbie there are things the other people havent posted that will come in handy. first thing i noticed was there are no bins! so why arent there bins? you still have keys/ metal credit cards, lifesaver wrappers (YES those set it off)

i took off my coat cause i didnt want to chance the zipper setting it off and just had to put it on top of my bag. but my belt did set it off so i took it off and had to toss it on some ladys purse cause if i put it on the rollers it would have fallen through and my stuff already was thru the xray . but once i learned these 2 tricks NO touching in PHL (D) or DFW (e18). on my return trip what i did was before i got to the line i took off watch wallet keys and stuff in pockets and put in my bag , that way no worries. cause otherwise no place to put your stuff on the rollers! it would fall through.

i gotta say even if you fly once a year you are nuts not to get this . the govt is here to help you and for once it worked

in DFW a guy in front of me kept his coat on and it set off the detector but then i heard someone mention random and the dude said 'random?' so maybe there really is random screening. i was waved through while he fussed around so no clue what he actually had to do but he was headed for the dreaded scanner..NOOOO!!!!!! poor guy.

also since going thru the process i have full confidence i havent committed any crimes since they searched their databased and i'm proven to be an honorable upstanding citizen (or at least one that wore gloves
Not sure if the statement about bins is correct at every airport - I came though the PreCheck at ATL about 2 months ago and they have the automated bin system which returns bins for your use - everyone had to put everything into the large bins including the bags. At SAN they provide small bowls for items such as keys etc.

Good to hear PreCheck is working well for you - I certainly like having it.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

i'm up to 4 flights with no crotch touching! this is so exciting. i look over at the regular line and see the people being felt up and wonder why they continue to put up with that? (also wondering how that girl in the short dress lifts up her arms in the scanner)

for once my govt has empowered me to avoid their wrath.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:08 am
Original Poster

why doenst she have precheck!?

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/d...-like-s-t.html
Old May 10, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you know that she doesn't have Pre Check? Having Pre Check does not eliminate the possibility of getting a pat down.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:39 pm

last trip at christmas DFW and PHL they showed me the screen when i sighed and ask what the issue is. they assured me it's not my belt. which i did take off 2nd trip and the screen showed lower box to be searched. so does someone sit in a back room and press the button where they want searched and do this as a joke. they couldnt tell me the real reason for the search, just that area is required to be searched because of what is on the screen.

been wearing the same pair of jeans on flights for a year now. and yes i do wash them lol. not necessarily the day before i fly..but maybe i should?

so can they really not tell 'why' that area is of interest (chemical/physical etc?)

in addition to the expected jokes id really like to know how to avoid this.

would getting pre check help me out? i only fly DFW and PHL but i never looked at precheck. do they only have metal detectors for precheck?
get TSA pre-check. it is $85 and will save you from the trouble

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.