Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
https://www.dfwairport.com/security/index.php
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

excellent info!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
This thread reads different when you imagine the poster is a female
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Dude, get Precheck!

At my home airport (BNA) X Ray only. No removing of shoes. No removing of liquids.

Especially during holiday travel. there is rarely anyone in line, while the regular line can be 15 minutes long.

No groping, not scanning, no nothing. I just sashay through the X-ray machine with my belt on and my shoes on and all metal out of my pockets.

If someone sets off the metal detector, they get scanned. I just put my phone, wallet, keys, change in my backpack. No fuss.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I have a non-metallic implant in my lower back. It doesnt set off the metal detector but set off the millimeter wave detector every time. It shows up as a groin abnormality. So I get crotch searched every time I go through that detector.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I have a non-metallic implant in my lower back. It doesn’t set off the metal detector but set off the millimeter wave detector every time. It shows up as a “groin abnormality”. So I get crotch searched every time I go through that detector.
I have metallic hardware in my lower back which does not set off the MMW Scanner or WTMD. What is questionable is that the MMW Scanner alarms on my bare neck almost all the time. No surgeries, scars, or other abnormalities in that area. I'm not sure if slight movement during scanning or something else is at play but I have no confidence that the machine is useful when it alarms on a regular basis on bare skin. I call if a false alarm but I'm sure TSA would say something different.

I think it is just another part of Security Theater.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Dude, get Precheck!

At my home airport (BNA) X Ray only. No removing of shoes. No removing of liquids.

Especially during holiday travel. there is rarely anyone in line, while the regular line can be 15 minutes long.

No groping, not scanning, no nothing. I just sashay through the X-ray machine with my belt on and my shoes on and all metal out of my pockets.

If someone sets off the metal detector, they get scanned. I just put my phone, wallet, keys, change in my backpack. No fuss.
how do you get thru with no buzz on the belt. 85% of the time i got thru with no issues but one time the dude tells me i should have taken belt off. why didnt it set it off before? geez

also id def toss my fleece jacket in the bin cause the thick zipper. heck one time i had TSA tell me to put back on my watch! whats up with that?

word of warning. breathsaver wrappers are metal. i learned this at a courthouse years ago. when i was at the empire state building and got the buzz he told me that cannot be the issue. i handed him the lifesavers and went back thru no buzz. ...made my day
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luckydriver
how do you get thru with no buzz on the belt. 85% of the time i got thru with no issues but one time the dude tells me i should have taken belt off. why didnt it set it off before? geez

also id def toss my fleece jacket in the bin cause the thick zipper. heck one time i had TSA tell me to put back on my watch! whats up with that?

word of warning. breathsaver wrappers are metal. i learned this at a courthouse years ago. when i was at the empire state building and got the buzz he told me that cannot be the issue. i handed him the lifesavers and went back thru no buzz. ...made my day
My routine before getting to the checkpoint is to put my wallet, keys, watch, and other bits in my carry on. TSA doesn't see me do these things. The only thing I have on me is my ID and boarding pass. If I get Pre fine, I don't remove shoes or belt. If I don't I'm already divested except for shoes and belt. My belt has never alarmed the WTMD and it has a metal buckle but is not a solid mass. If you turn your buckle parallel to the floor it will be less likely to alarm so I was told by a TSA screener.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I have never had a buckle set off an alarm, and I always wear a belt buckle. It doesn't seem to be a very nice belt, so it probably isnt solid metal.

One time, my hiking shoes set it off, which is when I found out that my hiking shoes had a steel toe.

It has been a much more pleasant and quick experience. Not just at my home airport, but at many airports around the country.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:22 am

I've also never alarmed any WTMDs with my belt buckle which is metal. It could be the design and the total mass of the metal in the buckle.

Here at SAN there is rarely any waiting at PreCheck and you always go through the WTMD. I've never caused the WTMD to alarm so I get through quickly. I also put away items like keys into my carry on before I enter the line.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

i'm glad i had my appt today for the precheck

out of PHL last week was cake

out of DFW yesterday.. NOT! got the crotch whisperer again.. then alarm on my hand swab..WHY cant they tell you WHAT nuclear device you touched ? how can you prevent this from the future unless they tell you what the alarm is for. so i get the feel up at the scanner and then pulled to the side . FULL top to bottom..no dinner. no drinks! nothing. swabbed my sneakers and phoens and said alarm went off. WONT tell me what. why not? swabbed inside of my bag. no issues. but if my bomb material was on phone and sneaks and crotch why not my bag

i truly want some official to explain all this to me. its a wonder people dont do more bodlily harm to these people. if its a random screen then have the screen say random screen. but if they tested all my stuff and the alarm went off then why even let me through? cause the alarm is wrong! duh.

i cannot wait for 2 weeks when i get my known number and dont have to get groped anymore. if you dont get precheck ur nuts.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

i hope this is good news...what do you think?

ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED
TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center for assistance.
Status as of 2/19/2019.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED
TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center for assistance.
Status as of 2/19/2019.
Why can't they give status in the email?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:41 am

ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED
Status as of 2/19/2019.
It could mean that you have been determined to not be eligible for PreCheck.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1
It could mean that you have been determined to not be eligible for PreCheck.
I was thinking the same thing. I only have GE so I'm not sure how it works for PreCheck but as I recall for GE I only got an email saying that the application status had changed. after the interview and I had to log on to see the status. A letter about eligibility does not sound good - hopefully I'm wrong and the OP gets PreCheck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.