why is tsa always at my crotch..seriously

Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

i hate cargo pants

if PHL and DFW will only do metal detector in precheck ill buy it. i didnt commit any crimes so wont worry about the fingerprinting. how long to get precheck if i apply today. i doubt is a backup from the shutdown
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I had something similar happen to me not too long ago. I can't remember where it was... I have pre-check and normally don't go thorugh the scanner. I think it was at SFO when I was flying QF, as pre doesn't work for them. After I went through the scanner, someone said, "there's something on your right leg." I told them, "there's nothing there, but you're welcome to check." They just used a wand, and realized their mistake. Thankfully I didn't get the full groping.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by luckydriver
sounds like precheck would be worth it for me then since i dont want more touchy touchy.
I like the touchy touchy.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1
They are looking to see if those gloves picked up any ETD traces from your clothing. Always ask that they used clean gloves and check those gloves before they grope you.
do you mean new gloves then they swab gloves and process even before they touch me
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by rickg523
Those cargo pants with zip off legs?
Shorts through security. Pants airside.
But seriously, maybe just get Pre✓. Yeah, I get that it's a form of extortion, but if flying is more than a once and a while thing, might be worth it.
No, not the zip off cargo pants. The scanner will pick up the zipper and flag you.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But, but, but.....TSA says: "contact with Plaintiff's genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down."

Its deliberate, humiliating & sexually abusive and it seems as if some screeners enjoy it
I think TSA meant "contact with Plaintiff's genitals occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down."
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I always wear shorts, and it doesnt help any. Perhaps falling to the floor, writhing in pain while yelling, My balls, you crushed my balls would get some reaction.
tai4de2 and petaluma1 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
But, but, but.....TSA says: "contact with Plaintiff's genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down."

Its deliberate, humiliating & sexually abusive and it seems as if some screeners enjoy it
Needs a tax dollar funded study to determine that !

how about no pants?

shorts?
plane is always cold for me so unless summer i hesitate to wear shorts but maybe ill have to. pretty cold PHL in winter though
Short shorts may be more attractive to a groper ?

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I like the touchy touchy.
Defense rests .
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i hate cargo pants

if PHL and DFW will only do metal detector in precheck ill buy it. i didnt commit any crimes so wont worry about the fingerprinting. how long to get precheck if i apply today. i doubt is a backup from the shutdown

When you apply for Pre you can do the initial application on line, then you have to schedule an interview at one of the interview locations. Then it can take a couple of days or more.

TSA Pre✓

Once you have PreCheck you are still subject to regular screening at TSA's whim.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

are the interviews generally 'on time'? i'm flying 2x in the next 5 weeks so would already be at the airport

i dont mind occasional reg screening but this every time is tiring.

also PHL hates my gf..she alwaysy gets 2nd screen too but she wont do the precheck. i'm just happy cap 1 pays for it
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I have precheck, but some airports dont have it at all terminals.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are the interviews generally 'on time'? i'm flying 2x in the next 5 weeks so would already be at the airport

i dont mind occasional reg screening but this every time is tiring.

also PHL hates my gf..she alwaysy gets 2nd screen too but she wont do the precheck. i'm just happy cap 1 pays for it
You'd have to ask TSA about their scheduling.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The trick to opting out and having a high likelihood of avoiding the molestation is a "rotator cuff that won't let your raise both arms over your head" Works about 99% of the time where there's no precheck.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I have precheck, but some airports dont have it at all terminals.
i know with certainty in PHL where i go i see the separate line

now that i think of it, i am not sure DFW terminal E has it. i know they have a priority line because i got in it once. but it just makes you skip the line. so i need to research DFW
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

does DFW terminal E have precheck

i believe last time i was there and at the middle checkpoint, that to the left there was a single guard at a desk. but i never walked down that far to that entrance to see if it was precheck. but what else would it be but that?
my goal is to avoid the scanner liking my crotch so much. and just go thru a metal detector

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.