Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA implements Visitor Pass program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
On one hand, I appreciate this effort, especially since TSA's security theater is ineffective.
On the other hand, SEATAC has to be one of the most mismanaged outfits out there. They can't keep up with pax as it is...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:00 pm

An issue I have at some airports is that there is such a crowd at the gate it can be really hard to find a seat to wait in before the flight takes off. If you add more people that don't need to be there it will only make matters worse.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Reading the details of the program, SEA will only offer it to 50 people per day Tue-Sat. Must apply online the day before. I didn't bother to look at the SEA stats, but this is a statistically insignificant number. I suppose a hassle if all 50 show up at the same instant and are headed to see someone off at the same gate, but that seems unlikely.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Often1
Reading the details of the program, SEA will only offer it to 50 people per day Tue-Sat. Must apply online the day before. I didn't bother to look at the SEA stats, but this is a statistically insignificant number. I suppose a hassle if all 50 show up at the same instant and are headed to see someone off at the same gate, but that seems unlikely.
I was in and out of SEA about six weeks ago and it was a mess. I hesitate to say it was the worst because that just opens up a debate on what airport is the worst but it has to be right up there. Even with TSA PreCheck it took at least 45 minutes to get through security. I was catching a 5 PM flight so maybe that’s at peak time because the airport both street and air side was packed. I had not read the details of the program so my knee jerk reaction was along the lines of “you got to be kidding me”. Have to agree 50 people more would not be significant even if they all showed up at once.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Randyk47
I was in and out of SEA about six weeks ago and it was a mess. ... Even with TSA PreCheck it took at least 45 minutes to get through security. I was catching a 5 PM flight so maybe that’s at peak time because the airport both street and air side was packed....
I can't speak for late afternoon / early evening lines during the week, but they're certainly not bad on Saturdays ... my biggest complaint is arriving by Link Light Rail ~9pm, checking a bag at the DL counter, and going all the way back to Checkpoint 5 (by the escalator for the train to the N gates) because that's the only location with TSA Pre

I have to agree that 50 visitors a day most likely won't have any significant impact on the TSA lines
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jrl767
I have to agree that 50 visitors a day most likely won't have any significant impact on the TSA lines
50 visitors is not enough. Make more than 200 visitors a day!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

50 people per day doesn't seem to be of any great impact. Is this just a publicity stunt of some kind?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.