Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blogger Bob has died

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: Double Unobtainium, Grace L. Ferguson Airline & Storm Door Co.
I hadn't heard this until I saw this recent piece in the New York Times.

In response to the question upthread:
The agency has not yet posted the listing, but it will appear soon on USAJobs, the official federal government employment website. “It’s a very hard government job to post for,” said James O. Gregory, a public affairs officer at the T.S.A. “The task is to educate passengers and stop bad people. But you’ve got to do it in such a way that it’s interesting.”
I was also disappointed that the article focused entirely on the humor and weird stuff of TSA's (entertaining) Instagram feed, and not the other false and self-contradictory statements the agency has made on social media.
Spiff and petaluma1 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vidiot
I was also disappointed that the article focused entirely on the humor and weird stuff of TSA's (entertaining) Instagram feed, and not the other false and self-contradictory statements the agency has made on social media.
It is indeed sad that the NYT goes along with the garbage spewed by TSA.
Spiff and petaluma1 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vidiot
I hadn't heard this until I saw this recent piece in the New York Times.

In response to the question upthread:

I, for one, have never been able to reconcile the seriousness with which the TSA takes itself while at the same time treating some items contraband in a humorous manner. One negates the other.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I, for one, have never been able to reconcile the seriousness with which the TSA takes itself while at the same time treating some items contraband in a humorous manner. One negates the other.
Not necessarily, humor can actually be used to further the understanding that these items need to be taken seriously. It is a way to get more people to relate, and reach a stage of disbelief at what some folks think is ok to bring on a plane. Social media is not as widely accepted as the "mainstream" media at this point, although it is gaining ground quickly. If TSA can get younger people to relate to the things we are posting with humor, it can lead to a better understanding amongst the populace at large (over time).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
RIP, Blogger Bob. Agreed or disagreed with you... you were still a human being, and I do hope you are resting at peace now.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: TSA
Just in case any of you are in the area, there is a celebration of life for Bob at the Middletown Moose Lodge 501 this Saturday. All proceeds go directly to his family.

Bob Burns Celebration of Life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.