Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

PreCheck is a failure - is anybody surprised? [enrollment numbers fell short]

PreCheck is a failure - is anybody surprised? [enrollment numbers fell short]

Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
On my last trip through DFW the Pre line was backed up into the terminal area while the non Pre line had no one waiting. Guess which line I picked?
ORD was like that last Sunday. Hundreds of extra Pre-Check. The line was literally a block long. Many passengers clearly were not frequent travelers.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
ORD was like that last Sunday. Hundreds of extra Pre-Check. The line was literally a block long. Many passengers clearly were not frequent travelers.
There isn't a Pre-check in Europe, but the lines move faster and more efficiently than they do in the US. Why is that?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by halls120
There isn't a Pre-check in Europe, but the lines move faster and more efficiently than they do in the US. Why is that?
This. No barking and shouting, no expensive video screens and over-priced custom glass cabinets of 'do not take items', often a far greater number of folks who don't know the local language - yet somehow the lines consistently move more quickly and without the cumbersome disrobe/unpack/confiscate routine we go through here in the US. No one targeting black folks' hair (and bald scalps) for a rubdown, no freaking out over breast milk.

And everyone, not just people who pay extra, get that treatment.
Boggie Dog and 4sallypat like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Went through ORD 10/21, Precheck was a disaster. Went through standard screening.

BWI is my home airport. I joined Clear about two years ago to avoid the growing precheck lines there. It's worked very well for me. Now instead of 30-45 mins, I can park my car in the garage and be at the gate in 10 mins.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halls120
Originally Posted by chollie
This. No barking and shouting, no expensive video screens and over-priced custom glass cabinets of 'do not take items', often a far greater number of folks who don't know the local language - yet somehow the lines consistently move more quickly and without the cumbersome disrobe/unpack/confiscate routine we go through here in the US. No one targeting black folks' hair (and bald scalps) for a rubdown, no freaking out over breast milk.

And everyone, not just people who pay extra, get that treatment.
I remember departing from FRA for IAD a couple of years ago. The line for the checkpoint for the North American gates was modestly long, but not insurmountable. All of a sudden, the big metal roll-up door at the end of the checkpoint opens up and the checkpoint instantly doubles in size -- stations and people. One of the screeners looks directly at me (I guess I was the closest passenger in line to him.) and says: "Right this way, sir. We're open."
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
What happened? I still cannot find anything anywhere stating the senate passed the bill.

https://govtrackinsider.com/precheck...y-432e76325791
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vanillabean
What happened? I still cannot find anything anywhere stating the senate passed the bill.

https://govtrackinsider.com/precheck...y-432e76325791
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...SenateReceived in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Where it apparently died.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure what TSA is doing with Managed Inclusion 2019 but wife and I just completed a round trip and we had Pre on both legs. Had been thinking of enrolling in Pre but I like a gamble. I will say that the Pre lanes at both airports seemed under utilized when we went through.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Not sure what TSA is doing with Managed Inclusion 2019 but wife and I just completed a round trip and we had Pre on both legs. Had been thinking of enrolling in Pre but I like a gamble. I will say that the Pre lanes at both airports seemed under utilized when we went through.
I traveled with a younger family member (26) a few weeks ago. I get free Pre occasionally, no idea why. I got it this time, but what really surprised me was that my companion also got it. We were both on the same PNR.

My companion was quite surprised - she has never gotten Pre before.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by chollie
I traveled with a younger family member (26) a few weeks ago. I get free Pre occasionally, no idea why. I got it this time, but what really surprised me was that my companion also got it. We were both on the same PNR.

My companion was quite surprised - she has never gotten Pre before.
Quite nice, wouldnt you say? My wife and I have apparently been freeloading for years, well-behaved though. But in a year well get the Sapphire Reserve or Amex Platinum and we have United Explorer, so Global Entry for both of us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.