Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Extortioncheck enrollment centers opening inside of Staples stores

Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

From the Atlanta newspaper:
Through a partnership between Staples and a TSA PreCheck enrollment provider, a new center to sign up for the trusted traveler program is now open at a Staples in Marietta. In-town enrollment centers allow people to sign up for the TSA program for expedited screening, in advance of their next trip without having to go to the airport. The new center to sign up for TSA PreCheck is inside a Staples at 2535 Dallas Highway in Marietta. It costs $85 to enroll for five years.
and
Another PreCheck enrollment center will open at a Staples in Alpharetta. That location, at 945 N Point Dr. in Alpharetta, is set to open Sept. 7, according to a website on the enrollment centers.
Link: MyAJC - TSA PreCheck enrollment center opens at Staples in Marietta (August 23, 2018)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
TSA is desperate to get people enrolled. After 7 years in business, there are less than 7 million people who have bought into the scheme. In addition, they have lowered their target for total enrollment from 25 million to 12.5 million. IOW, PreCheck is a failure.
Spiff likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Q: Where can you find an empty Prechek line?
A: Staples
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Anything would be an improvement over the Cartersville location

When we initially signed up, the closet location was Cartersville. They also did background checks for job applications, CDLs, and several other related checks. We waited nearly an hour past the appointment time, then one of the employee had to take a lunch break. Hopefully this office will be TSA only.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
When we initially signed up, the closet location was Cartersville. They also did background checks for job applications, CDLs, and several other related checks. We waited nearly an hour past the appointment time, then one of the employee had to take a lunch break. Hopefully this office will be TSA only.
Their infamous contractor:

TSA contractor IDEMIA, previously known as MorphoTrust, runs the IdentoGO enrollment centers for the PreCheck program. IDEMIA is opening enrollment centers inside 50 Staples stores nationally.
I wonder how much these new ExtortionCheck enrollment centers are costing us taxpayers? The TSA is paying IDEMIA who is also paying Staples. Maybe the cost of my toner cartridge will come down?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked TSA's listing of enrollment locations for the Dallas Texas area and according to the DHS/TSA listing there are only two enrollment location for the whole of Dallas. One location at DFW airport and one in northern part of Dallas. There is one additional center in Fort Worth.

Such limited access doesn't suggest to me that TSA is interested in adding to the Pre Check numbers.

Pre Check Enrollment Center Locator
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:16 am

TSA/Indentogo can't get name of airport right

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Deleting to try again
Look at the name of the airport in this ad. It's not World Rogers World Airport, it's Will Rogers World Airport.

Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at the name of the airport in this ad. It's not World Rogers World Airport, it's Will Rogers World Airport.

Is anybody REALLY surprised by this level of incompetence?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Is anybody REALLY surprised by this level of incompetence?
Will Rogers Airport tried to take the blame, but this initially came from either TSA or Identogo.

Completely our fault. They sent us an updated graphic, but we accidentally used the draft. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:14 am

Here's some real desperation on the part of TSA to get people enrolled in Extortioncheck:

94.41%? You have that percentage down to the hundreds but you don't keep track of the number of pat downs that are done every day? Why would that be, do you suppose?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's some real desperation on the part of TSA to get people enrolled in Extortioncheck:

https://twitter.com/TSAmedia_LisaF/s...10430320148480

94.41%? You have that percentage down to the hundreds but you don't keep track of the number of pat downs that are done every day? Why would that be, do you suppose?
I'm getting really tired of hearing ExtortionCheck commercials on WTOP practically every hour. I wonder how much these ads are costing us taxpayers?
petaluma1 and Spiff like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I'm getting really tired of hearing ExtortionCheck commercials on WTOP practically every hour. I wonder how much these ads are costing us taxpayers?
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) re-authorization bill before the Senate this week might make me reevaluate Pre Check. Will also be interesting to see how many others finally give in to TSA's extortion if the bill passes and gets signed.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) re-authorization bill before the Senate this week might make me reevaluate Pre Check. Will also be interesting to see how many others finally give in to TSA's extortion if the bill passes and gets signed.
My bet is that if the bill passes it could hasten PreCheck's demise. TSA needs those freebies in the program in order to sustain it.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Pre-Check is going nowhere. So long as there are HVC's and major businesses who view time as money and use major airports, the chances that Congress won't fund the FTE to sustain the service is close to zero. That will occur with dedicated funds if need be,
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
Pre-Check is going nowhere. So long as there are HVC's and major businesses who view time as money and use major airports, the chances that Congress won't fund the FTE to sustain the service is close to zero. That will occur with dedicated funds if need be,
Without a translation book for 3 letter codes I have to guess at times.

FTE = Full Time Employee, Full Time Equivalent, Full Trucker Effect, For the Ewoks, Funniest Thing Ever, plus a couple of others I know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.