Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

CBP Knife Found in a Checked Bag after Arriving in Buenos Aires from Houston

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CBP Knife Found in a Checked Bag after Arriving in Buenos Aires from Houston

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
No, not CBP. It was TSA. They did not know what is in her bags.

Actually, it was TSA who searched her bags, not CBP. As for CBP, they do not screening the bags for outbound flight. Only for incoming flight.
CBP does check baggage and freight going outbound...just not as frequently as it does inbound.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Taker Park
CBP does check baggage and freight going outbound...just not as frequently as it does inbound.
And sometimes CBP uses CBP-provided knives while checking items leaving the US.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Badenoch
What are the knife laws in Argentina? I know that knife in the UK might cause the person possessing it some serious problems if it were discovered by a customs search.
Buenos Aires probably has somewhat more restrictive laws than most of Argentina when it comes to weapons, but unless the intent is to use a knife for an illegal act it’s not as commonly going to result in a Danish- or British-style problem for knife possession/transport.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, not CBP. It was TSA. They did not know what is in her bags.

Actually, it was TSA who searched her bags, not CBP. As for CBP, they do not screening the bags for outbound flight. Only for incoming flight.

CBP has checked my bag on a outbound flight before .I was randomly inspected leaving the Country. Yes i mean CBP not TSA but TSA obviously screened it as well
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Speaking of which a couple of years ago my dad was flying back from a domestic trip from MCO, and when he got home he opened up his suitcase to find the Inspection note and a present, a large industrial metal box opener. We still have it, its a nice box cutter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.