Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Rude PreCheck travelers who don't place the bins back in the stack

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude PreCheck travelers who don't place the bins back in the stack

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Do the aspiring Bin Police ever do anything about it at the time? Do you haughtily chastise the offending bin miscreants with a stern lecture? Or do you just silently fume at their lack of social responsibility and then scurry to the keyboard to vent your frustrations on FT?

I'll usually stack a bin if it's convenient but hardly consider it one of my obligations to the greater good of humanity. Besides I have a plane to catch.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Badenoch
I'll usually stack a bin if it's convenient but hardly consider it one of my obligations to the greater good of humanity. Besides I have a plane to catch.
This. I feel like people on this thread are somehow reading statements of "stacking bins is the TSA's job and they should be expected to do their job" and interpreting it as "I AINT STACKIN NO BINS. I PICK MINES UP AND JUST THROW IT ON THE FLOOR AND FLIP OVER A TABLE ON MY WAY OUT".

If the line is clear, I'll happily shove my bin to the end of the rollers and maybe even plop it in the pile if I've got a free hand. But if others are blocking the path, I'll get is as far as I conveniently/quickly can and then get myself out of the way. After all, there are people that work there whose entire responsibility at that time is to keep the line operating as intended, and who are being paid by each and every individual in that line.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's note

Folks,

If you have comments or questions concerning moderators' actions, please submit those by private messages; do not post them in the thread (FlyerTalk Rule 18).

To address a couple of the remarks which have been deleted; one, thread titles should be specific and descriptive and accurately characterize the subject of the discussion (FlyerTalk Rule 4), and, two, this is not an ATL or Delta Air Lines specific issue.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by gooselee
This. I feel like people on this thread are somehow reading statements of "stacking bins is the TSA's job and they should be expected to do their job" and interpreting it as "I AINT STACKIN NO BINS. I PICK MINES UP AND JUST THROW IT ON THE FLOOR AND FLIP OVER A TABLE ON MY WAY OUT".

If the line is clear, I'll happily shove my bin to the end of the rollers and maybe even plop it in the pile if I've got a free hand. But if others are blocking the path, I'll get is as far as I conveniently/quickly can and then get myself out of the way. After all, there are people that work there whose entire responsibility at that time is to keep the line operating as intended, and who are being paid by each and every individual in that line.
This.

Besides, I notice some folks are making harsh judgments on travelers they don't even know while giving lazy TSOs a complete pass.

Those TSOs are all able-bodied. Some of us pax, such as myself, can't lift one arm much above waist-height, and only with very little strength. While I make look able-bodied to you when I have both hands full pulling my belongings off and reassembling them, I am functionally far from 100%. Quit bad-mouthing me as a lazy inconsiderate pax when you don't know anything about me and have not walked in my shoes.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Must be Canadian travelers eh ?

Up here the CATSA employees working security actively manage and remove the bins post x-ray.

Having said that, I always stack my 2-3 bins up and place them on the cart just to be helpful.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Pre lanes I went through this week at DFW and LAS had no bins so no stacking needed.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Pet peeve but at ATL is it that hard for people to pick up the bin and place it back in the stack after your bag comes through???

if you’re in ATL apparently it is. EVERY time lately at pre check people just leave their bins so the machine backs up or somebody like me who picks up a few and their own and places it in th stack. The system only works if people follow this.
Your interpretation of the "system" is not universally shared. I've been yelled at by TSA staff for picking up the bin instead of immediately moving away from the belt so I stopped picking up the bin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.