Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gun dealing in an airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jah718
I am sorry if my opinion upsets anyone, but anyone who thinks an airport is an appropriate place to sell guns is clearly deluded.

I get Americans love to defend their right to have guns, but there is surely a better time and place to do it.
How exactly is an unsecured area at the airport any different than any other public space?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by javabytes
How exactly is an unsecured area at the airport any different than any other public space?
Oh, there are a number of jurisdictions that feel and have legislated that airport property is quite different than other public property. There is another thread out there on the possession of firearms on airport property.

It is a VERY complicated area of law with many seeming apparent contradictions between state laws and local airport authority regulation (law) and narrowly written (often intentionally misleading/confusing) language designed to encourage people not to bring weapons to airports.

Many, if not most, airports have at least some limitations on possession of firearms on airport property (most typically restricted from the SIDA). Arkansas is an example of where possession anywhere on airport property is prohibited (except for when it is not prohibited).

In most states, the limitations are on loaded firearms.

Here is a summary of airport firearm laws from 2015 - but beware - this is just the presentation material. http://www.aci-na.org/sites/default/...-_april_17.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.