Movie "Get Out" and TSA

Old Aug 24, 17, 3:29 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA
Movie "Get Out" and TSA

AA had the movie "Get Out" on its IFE, IMHO the plot etc. was awful, but to make matters worse, some scenes depict the "super" detective capabilities of a TSA agent which he acquired as part of his training--much of the movie takes place in a rural area, nowhere near an airport.
PS: A few reviews note satire...either way TSA detectives
Old Aug 24, 17, 5:26 pm

You should have read some of the comments on @TSA about this movie. "I see the TSA in a whole new light." "I respect screeners now even more." "I didn't know they did all this."

You read stuff like that and know why TSA has been able to bulldoze screening "protocols" through - such gullible people.
Old Aug 25, 17, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Diamond; National EE; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
You should have read some of the comments on @TSA about this movie. "I see the TSA in a whole new light." "I respect screeners now even more." "I didn't know they did all this."

You read stuff like that and know why TSA has been able to bulldoze screening "protocols" through - such gullible people.
Another example is the TV show "Hawaii 5-0" - They often depict TSA as a top-notch law enforcement agency on par with FBI, etc. -- e.g., TSA putting people in holding cells, TSA detaining a person for 'smuggling' diamonds on a domestic flight to the mainland (huh?), and (my personal favorite) a police detective asking a TSA screener for access to interrogate a TSA-detained prisoner as a "professional courtesy".
Old Sep 10, 17, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, DL Silver (FO), Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Expl, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I think the OP completely missed the point. The TSA character is clearly intended as comic relief and is not meant to be taken seriously. Note the scene where he's mocked by the real police.
sarahluv likes this.
Old Sep 10, 17, 7:54 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I think the OP completely missed the point. The TSA character is clearly intended as comic relief and is not meant to be taken seriously. Note the scene where he's mocked by the real police.
I'm OP, I did note "satire", but however one classifies the movie (satire vs. a serious dramatic movie) it was poorly made.
Old Sep 11, 17, 10:02 pm

Hawaii 5 0 portraying TSA as top notch supersleuths, that's pretty funny.
Our writers and musicians were people we used to rely on speak out against
tyranny or injustice. Remember when SNL or even Laugh-In used
to be controversial? Now it's all corporate controlled and sycophantic.

Last edited by yandosan; Sep 11, 17 at 10:37 pm
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:24 am

Programs: NZ *G
Movies not reflecting real world experience? Really?

That's never happened before! ()

Want to see poor portrayals of reality on film? Try being ex-military/an experienced pistol shooter/ an experienced skydiver..... in fact I'd suggest deep experience in ANY field....

They either get it wrong through laziness...or exaggerate on purpose.... (I actually find exaggeration less irritating than laziness)
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Conited Gold (and falling)
I assume the lethal "NSA agents" weren't available, or any of the crack commandos/spies from NCIS?
Old Sep 12, 17, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
They either get it wrong through laziness...or exaggerate on purpose.... (I actually find exaggeration less irritating than laziness)
They exaggerate on purpose because reality would be, well, dull.

Search this Thread