FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   OMG [TSA self congratulations] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1861208-omg-tsa-self-congratulations.html)

petaluma1 Aug 15, 17 7:05 pm

OMG [TSA self congratulations]

Sorry, but that's the only title I could come up with for this thread. OMG.

What do you discuss with your TSA agent?

Believe it or not, that’s a question I often ask myself as I approach the gatekeepers of airport security.

Boggie Dog Aug 15, 17 7:56 pm

New TSA Motto.

When no one else is willing to pat your back do it yourself.

TWA884 Aug 15, 17 7:56 pm

Moderator's Action

The thread title was edited to accurately describe the topic (FlyerTalk Rule 4).

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

FliesWay2Much Aug 15, 17 8:20 pm

Couldn't see the link unless I hit "reply"

Originally Posted by petaluma1 (Post 28695180)
Sorry, but that's the only title I could come up with for this thread. OMG.

https://twitter.com/MeetAtCT/status/897598282989539329

So, here it is:

Yep, it is pretty disgusting. Wanna' bet it's already up on AskTSA and on Lisa Farbstein's page?

catocony Aug 15, 17 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 28695323)
New TSA Motto.

TSA - We Pat Our Backs and Your Groins.

FlyingUnderTheRadar Aug 16, 17 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 28695323)
New TSA Motto.

I prefer the term mouth masturbation. Talking about oneself incessantly to make themselves feel good.

Boggie Dog Aug 16, 17 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 28697036)
I prefer the term mouth masturbation. Talking about oneself incessantly to make themselves feel good.

Not bad but I think catocony pretty much nailed it with a short, concise phrase that is point on.

catocony Aug 16, 17 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 28697148)
Not bad but I think catocony pretty much nailed it with a short, concise phrase that is point on.

I'm proud of that one. I'm thinking of having t-shirts and caps made up.

Boggie Dog Aug 16, 17 10:03 am

Originally Posted by catocony (Post 28697184)
I'm proud of that one. I'm thinking of having t-shirts and caps made up.

For the T shirt I would suggest a layout as such:
TSA
We Pat Our Backs and Your Groins

Perhaps with the outline of a generic badge in the background.:D

chollie Aug 16, 17 10:10 am

Put it on the back of the t-shirt and wear an over-shirt right up to the xray. That way TSA hopefully won't see it until you've cleared the checkpoint, but everyone behind you in line will.

DutchessPDX Aug 16, 17 10:56 am

From the article:

"What’s more, rather than someone about to hassle me for failing to remove my belt, Officer Smith was humanized in my eyes — and then some. As far as I was concerned, she was a hero for making sure that borderline machete wasn’t flying to Denver in the seat next to me."

JFC Will, take it down a notch. Borderline Machete? It's a FOUR INCH BLADE! He found a knife someone accidentally left in their bag, he didn't foil a multinational terrorist ring. You know what the TSA's failure rate is in detecting prohibited items in luggage? Up to 95%. If this wasn't so gushingly bad I would think it was written by the TSA as a propaganda piece.

Jaimito Cartero Aug 16, 17 11:00 am

Much better if it was a toenail clipper with a 2" file.

nachtnebel Aug 16, 17 11:22 am

In the interests of full disclosure, the TSA should add a disclaimer at the bottom of this picture: "During test audits, we failed to detect these objects 67 out of 70 times, so you should consider purchasing flight insurance."

chollie Aug 16, 17 11:33 am

I'd like to see TSA set up a separate 'catch of the week' to show us all the terrible things they've found concealed in breast milk and crotches during the past week.

Might even show pics of deadly granola bars that nearly got by - well, unless the confiscating TSO already ate the deadly evidence.

petaluma1 Aug 16, 17 11:41 am

Originally Posted by chollie (Post 28697883)
I'd like to see TSA set up a separate 'catch of the week' to show us all the terrible things they've found concealed in breast milk and crotches during the past week.

Might even show pics of deadly granola bars that nearly got by - well, unless the confiscating TSO already ate the deadly evidence.

Add the hair of women of color to your list, Chollie.