Wiki Posts
Search

Remove boot cast & walk on broken foot

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Allow plenty of time, let them know you have all the time in the world to wait on them, turn the tables on them.

Falling down on a broken ankle probably isn't smart, but grabbing on to whatever one can and howling in pain should do the trick.
Well, I was envisioning a graceful sag to the ground, not the kind of fall you risk trying to jump through a WTMD or into a NoS.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

Allow plenty of time, let them know you have all the time in the world to wait on them, turn the tables on them.

Falling down on a broken ankle probably isn't smart, but grabbing on to whatever one can and howling in pain should do the trick.

I would rather be in the lounge drinking a G&T. Luckily for me the crutches were a short term issue. It must truly be a horror to travel whilst disabled and deal with the gropers on a regular basis.

Now I have Nexus I imagine my forays into North American airports will be less painful, or at least I hope they are.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bo1953
To be sure, those who have 'compassion' and understanding, which they would want these individuals to receive, will not step up and take such jobs, correct? So the issue is what?

We get those individuals who want or need jobs and do not understand compassion, as it were.

My point is, if we do not like the way we are sometimes treated in these types of situations, we better pony up and take some of these jobs to show others how it is done.... otherwise you will continue to look at these employees as pariah.

safe travels
I'm not hungry enough.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by chollie
There are increasing reports of just that: 25 minute waits for opt-out gropes are common
I recently had to wait 30 minutes for an opt out grope at MSY. The clerk was very disturbed over my medical socks.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Is PDX @TSA supposed to remove the plastic & velcro leg cast from a distressed and crying 3 year old for “security”?! 😥 #securitytheater
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

TSA has immediate access to the video, so it will be easy to prove that all screeners had the 'final say'.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I am NOT certain of this but a woman who seems to be the mother of the child referenced above said child's hands were swabbed (remember this is a 3-year old) and he was reprimanded for putting his thumb in his mouth and trying to hold on to his mother.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am NOT certain of this but a woman who seems to be the mother of the child referenced above said child's hands were swabbed (remember this is a 3-year old) and he was reprimanded for putting his thumb in his mouth and trying to hold on to his mother.
Of course, it's all the passenger's fault because AskTSA told her "We are sorry for your distress." If the TSA had any ethics, the response would be: "We're sorry that our "officers" committed such a gross error in judgment. Both of them have been terminated."
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Of course, it's all the passenger's fault because AskTSA told her "We are sorry for your distress." If the TSA had any ethics, the response would be: "We're sorry that our "officers" committed such a gross error in judgment. Both of them have been terminated."
At least TSA gave up on calling TSA screeners a highly trained, professional work force.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Remove leg braces & walk, w/o cane!!!

I'd provide a link but it contains a bad word that FT doesn't like:

I would to thank @TSA for MAKING my father remove the leg braces he needs to walk in order to go through security.
They made him put them through the x-ray machine and walk to the other side graceless & without his cane. This was TSA at Ontario, ca.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:05 pm

I'd provide a link but it contains a bad word that FT doesn't like:
Well, if she doesn't submit a formal complaint through proper TSA channels, TSA has no way of knowing about this. HQ rules forbid investigating a complaint unless it is submitted via the online complaint system - or goes viral and hits the mainstream media.

Several reports of this recently from different airports, but it doesn't seem to be widespread. Perhaps this is another new procedure being 'tested' at select airports to see the impact when it is rolled in everywhere.

Last edited by chollie; Aug 15, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Well, if she doesn't submit a formal complaint through proper TSA channels, TSA has no way of knowing about this. HQ rules forbid investigating a complaint unless it is submitted via the online complaint system - or goes viral and hits the mainstream media.

Several reports of this recently from different airports, but it doesn't seem to be widespread. Perhaps this is another new procedure being 'tested' at select airports to see the impact when it is rolled in everywhere.
I thought that if she didn't submit a formal complaint, the incident really didn't happen.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought that if she didn't submit a formal complaint, the incident really didn't happen.
If a formal complaint is submitted to TSA it still never happened.

File 13.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:36 pm

I guess the people being forced to remove their casts and braces should be glad they are actually capable of removing them.

The guy who was stuck with a hard non-removable cast was not allowed to fly when he 'refused' to remove his cast for TSA at JFK.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

I guess the people being forced to remove their casts and braces should be glad they are actually capable of removing them.

The guy who was stuck with a hard non-removable cast was not allowed to fly when he 'refused' to remove his cast for TSA at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.