Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSO deliberately set the NoS on the wrong gender setting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO

On twitter: a TSO deliberately set the NoS on the wrong gender setting? He set it for male when the pax was female, knowing it would trigger a particularly intensive probe of the woman's genitals for his viewing pleasure. When she called him on it, he just laughed. I wonder how many times a day he pulls this 'joke' and why none of the equally responsible LTSOs and STSOs have a problem with it.

Looks like DEN wasn't an outlier. I wonder how many other TSOs amuse themselves by playing this game.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
On twitter: a TSO deliberately set the NoS on the wrong gender setting? He set it for male when the pax was female, knowing it would trigger a particularly intensive probe of the woman's genitals for his viewing pleasure. When she called him on it, he just laughed. I wonder how many times a day he pulls this 'joke' and why none of the equally responsible LTSOs and STSOs have a problem with it.

Looks like DEN wasn't an outlier. I wonder how many other TSOs amuse themselves by playing this game.

Did the tweet say which airport or anything about filing a complaint?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Did the tweet say which airport or anything about filing a complaint?
LAX

#lax @TSA agent Chavez scanned me as M instead of F, laughed about it, and sent me thru scanner again.not sure how this is doing a good job
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks, petaluma1! I was trying to figure out how to post the image and exchange here.

AskTSA did not suggest filing a complaint - in fact, our good friends at AskTSA didn't even offer to forward the tweet to the airport FSD's trash folder.

I wonder how many times this guy does this and gets away with it, while LTSOs and STSOs stroll around chatting and not noticing. ^ to the TSO who caught him this time, but if she didn't follow up with a formal complaint to her management. Although it looks like Chavez might be an LTSO himself. I wonder if he learned this fun new trick at the 'academy'?

Last edited by chollie; Jul 2, 2017 at 9:05 am
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:51 am

Thanks, petaluma1! I was trying to figure out how to post the image and exchange here.

AskTSA did not suggest filing a complaint - in fact, our good friends at AskTSA didn't even offer to forward the tweet to the airport FSD's trash folder.

I wonder how many times this guy does this and gets away with it, while LTSOs and STSOs stroll around chatting and not noticing. ^ to the TSO who caught him this time, but if she didn't follow up with a formal complaint to her management. Although it looks like Chavez might be an LTSO himself. I wonder if he learned this fun new trick at the 'academy'?
Has @ASKTSA recently advised anyone to file a complaint? All I've ever seen is something to effect of "we will share your concern with our team at XXX" and we all know how far that goes -right in the to trash if it's even ever "shared" at all.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:29 pm

Other than you having already decided that the TSA is a bunch of wannabe rapists do you have any evidence or anything at all suggesting that this, named, TSO agent did in fact do anything with malicious intent as you are implying?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theddo
Other than you having already decided that the TSA is a bunch of wannabe rapists do you have any evidence or anything at all suggesting that this, named, TSO agent did in fact do anything with malicious intent as you are implying?
Evidence? How about TSA's history of hiring or creating criminals?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The TSA has its bad apples, or so the government has indicated before. Whether or not the proportion of "wannabe rapists" in the TSA workforce is higher than at say an airline, does it really matter?

A TSA process that acts as if a sex element is needed to secure flights from contraband WEIs is evidence that TSA's security approach is rotten even at its core. And other signs point to a TSA obsession about passenger sex and sex organs. And we all ought to know that there is an element of power in how the TSA interacts with passengers that has little to nothing to do with effectively delivering on the interdiction of contraband WEI yet has everything to do with objectification of passengers/passenger bodies and a TSA obsessed with passengers' sex organs -- all during what are to be administrative searches of passengers.

TSA employees aiming some juvenile-delinquient-like sex "jokes"/"games" at passengers? This wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 2, 2017 at 7:46 pm
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
If the manufacturers removed the gender settings entirely and programmed the machines not to alarm on what are obviously sex characteristics, these machines would be ever so slightly less intolerable.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Skatering
If the manufacturers removed the gender settings entirely and programmed the machines not to alarm on what are obviously sex characteristics, these machines would be ever so slightly less intolerable.
The machine (hardware and software) sellers and their buyers are joint parties to a scam. If looking like a male is enough for a female to more easily smuggle contraband weapons/explosives/incendiaries onto a plane when subject to strip search machines, or if looking like a male is enough for a female to more easily smuggle contraband weapons/explosives/incendiaries onto a plane when subject to strip search machines, then these machines are a form of scam "security". Sounds like financial and job security for the sleazy? It does when it's more effective to use the cheaper WTMD and ETD means that jointly can effectively detect metal weapons and explosives/incendiaries without the screeners being so obsessed sexually about passengers.

The screeners should be focusing on detecting and stopping contraband WEIs rather than focusing on passenger sex and sex organs. But they aren't focusing on that enough. And this is yet another example of misapplied resources and poor sourcing by the government.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Our sex-obsessed TSOs say they are not obsessed with our genitals. It's just that at the 'academy', they are taught that the only place a bad person every hides contraband is in/on his/her genitals.

The irony of this is that in one of the tests they failed last time, the 'pax' had contraband concealed in the middle of his back. So they stroked his genitals and dipped into his butt crack repeatedly, but missed the nastiness in the middle of his back.

I propose that going forward, TSOs should receive sniffer training at the 'academy'. They have their noses inches away from our genitals anyway, and they are now spending a full two minutes to frisk someone, so there's plenty of time and close proximity for them to sniff out the contraband they claim they are looking for.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:14 am

Our sex-obsessed TSOs say they are not obsessed with our genitals. It's just that at the 'academy', they are taught that the only place a bad person every hides contraband is in/on his/her .
To paraphrase Mae West, Is that a pipe bomb in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Evidence? How about TSA's history of hiring or creating criminals?
So that's a no then, isn't it?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So that's a no then, isn't it?
Not sure how that conclusion was made. TSA has a serious issue of criminal acts by employees.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Yes, but it is SSI. You will have to trust me, just like you trust TSA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.