Not breast milk but baby food

Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
That's a good point. I'm really surprised they don't censor half of the posts people make. It could be that:

1. They rely upon the short-term nature of Twitter and simply know that the problems will go away in just a few hours;

2. They are conditioning the public that all of this is "normal" and that the public should expect to be harassed and have things confiscated because it's about terrorists.

Remember how West, Blogdad Bob and the other <deleted> used to go out of their way to correct somebody who accused the TSA of "confiscating" something? They used to regularly roll out the "voluntarily surrender" line. When was the last time anybody read this rebuke? They no longer state that they don't "confiscate."
I don't think TSA cares what the public thinks or says. TSA knows that Congress is impotent and extremely reluctant to reel TSA in. The TSA sexual assaults and other abuses will continue unabated.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 5, 2017 at 9:20 am Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the Flyertalk front page: More TSA malfeasance.

http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/ts...dy-search.html

TSA to Mother of Diabetic Child: Lose the Juice Box or Endure “Full Body Search”

"He got extremely close to where I was like bent over because he was leaning into me,” Evans recounted to ABC News. “And he said, ‘The only way I’m going to test these juices and let these juices pass is if you submit to a full body search and we get your luggage, we’ll take your carry-on bags, and we’re going to search every single thing you have with you. Is that what you want?’”
Front line TSA screeners place the public in danger and should be removed from contact with travelers!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

TSA to Mother of Diabetic Child: Lose the Juice Box or Endure “Full Body Search”

Front line TSA screeners place the public in danger and should be removed from contact with travelers!
Yeah, it's looking more and more like medical liquids mean retaliation.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog

This kind of TSA approach is within the range of normal for the TSA, and it's a deliberately institutionalized approach at that.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
It's always fun to read the comments, and see how many people believe that TSA is in the right, and the pax is in the wrong. This is why nothing will change - TSA will continue to step up its rules, and increase its punitive actions against pax.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Yet another comment just appeared on @TSA about traveling with baby food:

Giving a pregnant woman w/a toddler a pat down & emptying my bags b/c I have baby food pouches competely lacks common sense. @TSA
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:08 am

When we went to Disney last year, my wife carried 3 or 4 juice boxes that were about 6 oz each. She even put them in a quart size bag. My 4 year old at the time only wanted this one particular juice box so we packed some for the trip. Flying out of PIA, the TSA didn't have a problem with the juice. Coming back from MCO was a different story. I didn't hear the entire conversation but she was getting lectured about the juice boxes being too large. To carry them through, she had to get the full body patdown. They didn't go through our bags though.

As a diabetic myself, I realize I could take juice through the checkpoint. It is a good way to quickly raise blood sugar. I don't even try to bring juice because the hassle isn't worth it. Sadly, is the hassle worth it, seems to describe a lot with air travel these days.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spd476
When we went to Disney last year, my wife carried 3 or 4 juice boxes that were about 6 oz each. She even put them in a quart size bag. My 4 year old at the time only wanted this one particular juice box so we packed some for the trip. Flying out of PIA, the TSA didn't have a problem with the juice. Coming back from MCO was a different story. I didn't hear the entire conversation but she was getting lectured about the juice boxes being too large. To carry them through, she had to get the full body patdown. They didn't go through our bags though.

As a diabetic myself, I realize I could take juice through the checkpoint. It is a good way to quickly raise blood sugar. I don't even try to bring juice because the hassle isn't worth it. Sadly, is the hassle worth it, seems to describe a lot with air travel these days.
TSA is a significant deterrent to pleasant air travel.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Yet another comment just appeared on @TSA about traveling with baby food:

https://twitter.com/emily0918/status/882934349599047680
@TSA or @ASKtsa? I can't find the post on either site.

Originally Posted by spd476

You can/should try to get the juice through as a medically-necessary liquid. If you get harassed, ask the screening clerk where they went to medical school and that you plan to take out an arrest warrant for practicing medicine without a license.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 6, 2017 at 10:43 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:29 am
Original Poster

@TSA or @ASKtsa? I can't find the post on either site.
@TSA. Time stamp currently says 2 hours ago.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
@TSA. Time stamp currently says 2 hours ago.
Bummer -- I don't want this to turn into a public Twitter lesson, but I see a post about costomer service that's 1 hour old and the post about "travelers from Hamad" about 3 hours ago with nothing in between. I have it set on "Tweets & Replies" but I don't see anything other than posts from the TSA -- no dialogue with the citizens.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by BSBD
It's always fun to read the comments, and see how many people believe that TSA is in the right, and the pax is in the wrong. This is why nothing will change - TSA will continue to step up its rules, and increase its punitive actions against pax.
Many (probably mostt) of them are TSA trolls, not people who fly.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chollie
Many (probably mostt) of them are TSA trolls, not people who fly.
I doubt that most, or even many, are TSA trolls, but I do agree that many are people who don't fly often.

My former next-door neighbors in the US are VERY infrequent flyers - they travel at most once a year for vacation. They are reassured by the countless blue-shirted, badged people they see when they go to the airport, and are convinced that the procedures they must go through to board a plane make them (and everyone else) safer.

Their memories of pre-9/11 airport security are fuzzy, but they are quite sure that 9/11 was somehow an airport security failure (along with intelligence failure, malevolent religion, etc. etc.). It's impossible to get them to believe otherwise.

They are college-educated middle-America right-wingers who otherwise rail against government spending and waste, but they believe anyone who thinks airport security needs a major overhaul is a loon who wants terrorists to attack the US.

I submit that they represent, in many ways, a majority of the voting public when it comes to TSA.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BSBD
I doubt that most, or even many, are TSA trolls, but I do agree that many are people who don't fly often.

My former next-door neighbors in the US are VERY infrequent flyers - they travel at most once a year for vacation. They are reassured by the countless blue-shirted, badged people they see when they go to the airport, and are convinced that the procedures they must go through to board a plane make them (and everyone else) safer.

Their memories of pre-9/11 airport security are fuzzy, but they are quite sure that 9/11 was somehow an airport security failure (along with intelligence failure, malevolent religion, etc. etc.). It's impossible to get them to believe otherwise.

They are college-educated middle-America right-wingers who otherwise rail against government spending and waste, but they believe anyone who thinks airport security needs a major overhaul is a loon who wants terrorists to attack the US.

I submit that they represent, in many ways, a majority of the voting public when it comes to TSA.
If screeners were not dressed in faux cop uniforms, would your former neighbors still believe that TSA is the be-all/end-all of airport security?

Bummer -- I don't want this to turn into a public Twitter lesson, but I see a post about costomer service that's 1 hour old and the post about "travelers from Hamad" about 3 hours ago with nothing in between. I have it set on "Tweets & Replies" but I don't see anything other than posts from the TSA -- no dialogue with the citizens.
I know what the issue is! Try using this URL to see posts:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...40tsa&src=typd

It shows everything posted to @TSA, not just selected commets.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 6, 2017 at 1:29 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
TSA managers have met with Evans in Denver since the April incident, and the agency's Disability Branch confirmed leadership planned "to meet with the office responsible for defining the screening procedures to see what could be done to standardize the procedure nationally for screening medically necessary liquids, in a less invasive manner," according to an email to Denver7.
(bolding mine)

How exactly do you standardize a procedure on a national level when it can be over-ridden by every single screener's Final Say?

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/impa...sa-threat.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.