Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

All Food and Electronics Larger than Cellphones out for Screening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Food and Electronics Larger than Cellphones out for Screening

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zitsky
Can't tell you, it's classified.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
Can't tell you, it's classified.
Sensitive Security Information isn't a Classification just a TSA attempt to keep useful information from the public.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Sensitive Security Information isn't a Classification just a TSA attempt to keep useful information from the public.
If Trump wanted to do just one useful thing, it would be an executive order curtailing the use of SSI, FOUO, SBU and everything else agencies have contrived to conceal information from the public. I would even provide Trump a draft of the new EO. Either it's classified or it isn't...
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
If Trump wanted to do just one useful thing, it would be an executive order curtailing the use of SSI, FOUO, SBU and everything else agencies have contrived to conceal information from the public. I would even provide Trump a draft of the new EO. Either it's classified or it isn't...
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:56 am

Omaha Airport

Just flew through the Omaha airport last week and everyone had to take out food items from their bags, even precheck. I never get through this airport security without some issue.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

This sign was seen at the Ft. Lauderdale airport:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDNDAuFXcAErEl8.jpg
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I was pulled from the TSA line last Friday for a random electronics check. That's a first for me. No search of anything on my person, rather the swab on my cellphone, computer and iPad.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
This sign was seen at the Ft. Lauderdale airport:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDNDAuFXcAErEl8.jpg
If I recall correctly FLL is on the list of airports where this enhanced screening is being tested.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If I recall correctly FLL is on the list of airports where this enhanced screening is being tested.
So is BOS where I encountered nothing unusual yesterday.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:12 am
Original Poster

I note the sign does not say you have to take out your liquids baggie.

Also, what is "your accessible property"? Does that mean your carry-on? What does TSA consider "non accessible property"?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I note the sign does not say you have to take out your liquids baggie.
Second from the bottom?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
It doesn't include paper (yet).

So if I miss a loose stick of gum and TSA sees it on the xray, will I be taken aside for a genital inspection?

Or are punitive genital rubs reserved for minors like the 12-year-old girl 'groomed' for leaving a juice box in her bag and a 12-year-old boy stroke repeatedly for forgetting to take out his tablet?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Second from the bottom?
You are right and I stand corrected.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:36 pm

Looks as if books are on the "naughty list" also

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-futur...ading-material
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:18 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Many years ago, at a checkpoint far, far away I had TSA pull out my regional airports pilot guide (I have a multi-engine, commercial pilots license) and then "demand" why I had it and to see a pilots license. I could easily see things like this happen in this scenario. TSA sees flight manuals or FAA/pilot planning materials and start demanding other things like pilots licenses; ditto more freaking out over Arabic language dictionaries or reading material the TSA does not "understand".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.