Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
What's in that to justify an award??
Polson rang the passenger's chimes and maintained a straight face when the irate passenger reacted. That's got to be worth something.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:22 pm

As the passenger being discussed, I can certify that I was neither rude nor belligerent, so the statement from the TSA FSD (listed as the approver on the cash award sheet) is false and libelous, though he has immunity from prosecution for it. And that's nothing as far as TSA's retaliation and retribution that they've already perpetrated on me multiple times in harassment and false accusations at airport security checkpoints -- which is another whole topic! You don't expect them to be honorable and not fight back? That's why this is becoming a much bigger case, every day, sadly.
BUT regardless ... I have sworn statements from other TSA employees/managers and the police claiming and confirming that I was *not* rude or any more upset than would reasonably be expected from someone who had just been karate-chopped in the testicles with excessive force! So, multiple TSA witnesses contradict and "impeach" the TSA FSD's statement.

So what, you may ask? Well, there is so much more to the evidence that I can't disclose quite yet, but it appears that a TSA supervisor and the attacking TSA screener have already committed perjury in their depositions, and the TSA FSD helped to provide the incriminating evidence!
Is there a remediable cause of action you might ask? Why yes :-) there are *several* (though not for perjury, necessarily, though that is sanctionable), and the shoes are just beginning to drop ....
Every time the TSA squirms and lies, they actually expose themselves to more liability and produce more incriminating evidence.
TSA and the attacker and others have missed and arrogantly defied so many opportunities to let this get resolved quietly (which honestly was my preference), and without escalation or litigation, but they refused.
It's unfortunate, but the benefit is that I'm making a path in the snow, for the rights of all the flying public. But I remember every day that I stand on the shoulders of giants, and without others' documented court cases and efforts (you know who you are), I would never have gotten this far, so thank *you*, and stay tuned ... new info every week, now ...
Spiff, STBCypriot and petaluma1 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyfast
As the passenger being discussed, I can certify that I was neither rude nor belligerent, so the statement from the TSA FSD (listed as the approver on the cash award sheet) is false and libelous, though he has immunity from prosecution for it. And that's nothing as far as TSA's retaliation and retribution that they've already perpetrated on me multiple times in harassment and false accusations at airport security checkpoints -- which is another whole topic! You don't expect them to be honorable and not fight back? That's why this is becoming a much bigger case, every day, sadly.
BUT regardless ... I have sworn statements from other TSA employees/managers and the police claiming and confirming that I was *not* rude or any more upset than would reasonably be expected from someone who had just been karate-chopped in the testicles with excessive force! So, multiple TSA witnesses contradict and "impeach" the TSA FSD's statement.

So what, you may ask? Well, there is so much more to the evidence that I can't disclose quite yet, but it appears that a TSA supervisor and the attacking TSA screener have already committed perjury in their depositions, and the TSA FSD helped to provide the incriminating evidence!
Is there a remediable cause of action you might ask? Why yes :-) there are *several* (though not for perjury, necessarily, though that is sanctionable), and the shoes are just beginning to drop ....
Every time the TSA squirms and lies, they actually expose themselves to more liability and produce more incriminating evidence.
TSA and the attacker and others have missed and arrogantly defied so many opportunities to let this get resolved quietly (which honestly was my preference), and without escalation or litigation, but they refused.
It's unfortunate, but the benefit is that I'm making a path in the snow, for the rights of all the flying public. But I remember every day that I stand on the shoulders of giants, and without others' documented court cases and efforts (you know who you are), I would never have gotten this far, so thank *you*, and stay tuned ... new info every week, now ...
Why is the FSD immune from prosecution?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by iflyfast

Could you bring into evidence the video of Angela Rye getting karate chopped?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:32 pm

First pat down since new TSA procedures!

Was subjected to the TSAs new screening practices recently. The TSA agent explained to me the differences between the old at down and the new one. Explained that he would have to use the front of his hands when checking my groin and buttocks. I had the feeling he had some issues with people accepting the new pat down before cause he kept asking if I was okay with this. I said I was (didn't know I had a choice lol). The pat down lasted about 3 minutes and consisted of EIGHT full swipes across the groin. At the end, I was asked to be seated and lift up my feet so he could check my socks. While he was down there I asked him if he was gonna give me a pedicure (I wanted to see if the TSA enjoy humour). The guy laughed and and jokingly wiggled my toes. I didn't really notice much difference between the two pat downs except for the groin and foot inspection. I thought they were switching us all over to the body scanner but I guess not all airports are equipped. Has anyone else gotten the new pat down?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by JustCallMeTheMan
Was subjected to the TSAs new screening practices recently. The TSA agent explained to me the differences between the old at down and the new one. Explained that he would have to use the front of his hands when checking my groin and buttocks. I had the feeling he had some issues with people accepting the new pat down before cause he kept asking if I was okay with this. I said I was (didn't know I had a choice lol). The pat down lasted about 3 minutes and consisted of EIGHT full swipes across the groin. At the end, I was asked to be seated and lift up my feet so he could check my socks. While he was down there I asked him if he was gonna give me a pedicure (I wanted to see if the TSA enjoy humour). The guy laughed and and jokingly wiggled my toes. I didn't really notice much difference between the two pat downs except for the groin and foot inspection. I thought they were switching us all over to the body scanner but I guess not all airports are equipped. Has anyone else gotten the new pat down?
Whether you had a choice or not, you should have said that you are not okay with being sexually assaulted by the TSA. You are now officially #MeTooByTSA .
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by JustCallMeTheMan
Is this the new patdown that came out last year, or is this a newer patdown which is even more enhanced than the more enhanced one that came out last year? If so, when did this version come out?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:37 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JoeBas
free handjobs
Free? Hardly. Pun intended. . https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/security-fees
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Good grief

What is with all the panic.....

1. Why are people so bothered about scanners?
2. Why all the calls for sexual issues with a pat down

What a bunch of snowflakes

Personally I would rather be safe....Why wouldn't I use a scanner?....No idea....same for everyone

All I can see here is the opportunity to sue someone...that is the US culture afterall

People need to grow a pair!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markx

Personally I would rather be safe....Why wouldn't I use a scanner?....No idea....same for everyone

All I can see here is the opportunity to sue someone...that is the US culture afterall

Grow a pair so TSA can fondle them.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Ben Franklin
Spiff, jfunk138 and pa3lsvt like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by chollie
The US is basically at full employment, so it is increasingly obvious that the TSOs handling pax genitals enjoy what they're doing. If they didn't, there are plenty of other jobs available, although none that require that particular skill set.
So Chester the Molester has finally found a government job
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:19 pm

Anyone who reads the literature and articles about the body scanners know that they do not really make one safer (and constitute security theater, not real security). Also, there have been lies about the scanners in the past, so it is hard to trust that everything is the way that it is reported by the government. For example, they initially said that images from scanners could not be saved, but freedom of information requests indicated that the ability to save images was a requirement of contractors in order for their product to be considered for purchase. Also, when a TSO who took pride in installing the scanner himself claims that the scanner does not emit radiation, I know that he is wrong (the MMW scanners do not emit ionizing radiation, but they do emit radiation). This makes me not trust what the TSO says as it seems that the TSO either doesn't understand how body scanners relate to radiation well enough to build trust or is knowingly providing misleading statements.

The odds of a body scanner preventing an incident are extremely low. They are so low that they do not justify the expense, possibility of the loss of privacy, possibility of issues from radiation (not shown to be likely now with MMW scanners, although some scientists are showing now that there is a possibility that cell phone radiation could lead to an increase in cancer in some cases and as this has not been absolutely concluded, perhaps this is the case regarding body scanners as well).

Regarding the patdowns--have you gone through one? If you go through one, you can experience whether a patdown goes too far yourself. In my opinion, security does not justify this type of personal violation. One of my pet peeves is when people have an "anything for security" attitude or when they think that security is the most important thing. I believe that one's rights to privacy, dignity, and not feeling violated are more important in many instances.
Spiff, jfunk138, kbennett and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
c
Originally Posted by guflyer

One of my pet peeves is when people have an "anything for security" attitude or when they think that security is the most important thing. I believe that one's rights to privacy, dignity, and not feeling violated are more important in many instances.
This. Blindly thinking TSA edicts are correct or justified without question is leading to more over reach by that agency.

Last edited by BOB W; Feb 27, 2018 at 8:43 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by guflyer
Is this the new patdown that came out last year, or is this a newer patdown which is even more enhanced than the more enhanced one that came out last year? If so, when did this version come out?
This one is fairly new (a couple of months) and coincides with the ability now of screeners to use the front of the hand when groping the "groin" (a/k/a genitals) and butt. I believe it is also taking place of the forced private room patdown.

Originally Posted by BOB W
So Chester the Molester has finally found a government job
Chester the Molester is a joke but there have to be more than a few screeners who enjoy sexually assaulting passengers and do so on a regular basis.

You may give consent to having a stranger's hands probing your genitals and that's fine. For those who give consent under duress, not being able to board your plane without consenting, it then becomes sexual assault.
altabello likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 27, 2018 at 9:41 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.