Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 2:24 pm

Does the computer wince, scream or kick?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Could this be because other screeners don't want to be sexually assaulted by their fellow screeners as they learn how to do the "pat down"?
That's strange, the article doesn't mention how much (in taxpayer dollars) this nonsense costs. But I assume that, as is tradition, TSA have ordered several thousand of these before conducting the pilot to see whether they're worthwhile.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:25 pm

Could this be because other screeners don't want to be sexually assaulted by their fellow screeners as they learn how to do the "pat down"?
They probably learned their lesson after that time a TSO beat some of his colleagues with a police baton for making fun of his small penis during scanner training.

<deleted>.

Last edited by TWA884; May 24, 2017 at 10:41 am Reason: Not necessary / Off-topic
Old May 23, 2017, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This machine isn't designed to make sure they are gentle. It's designed to make sure they grope citizens hard enough. I'll do some poking around to see if I can find some sort of design or procurement spec.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breast Cancer Survivor Details Her Ordeal During Groping

She really lit into AskTSA, so I'm sure she is blocked by now. If anybody has any media connections, this disgusting story needs to get out there.

Hope this link works. Insert the appropriate site in place of the asterisks: https://t*****r.com/AskTSA/status/865939428551921664

Of course, the AskTSA bot posted their pathetic answer that makes me want to throw a shoe through my computer screen every time I read it.

We understand pat-downs are uncomfortable but are an important security measure to keep dangerous items off planes.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Irate Patdown Video

As if the humiliation of the cancer patient wasn't enough, this woman is absolutely livid. The amazing thing is that AskTSA allowed her video to be published on Twitter. Of course, they replied as usual.

This is from her facebook page, so, just replace the asterisks with the correct website name: https://www.f******k.com/treZelf/vid...6120104518760/
Old May 23, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
As if the humiliation of the cancer patient wasn't enough, this woman is absolutely livid. The amazing thing is that AskTSA allowed her video to be published on Twitter. Of course, they replied as usual.

This is from her facebook page, so, just replace the asterisks with the correct website name: https://www.f******k.com/treZelf/vid...6120104518760/
Why are you masking the links?
Old May 23, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Why are you masking the links?
They don't show up when I post them intact. I'm using the hyperlink symbol.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
They don't show up when I post them intact. I'm using the hyperlink symbol.
I recommend using a TinyURL in such cases.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:18 pm

Flying out of PDX last week, I was surprised to see the precheck line full up for a while. Maybe the groping is having an intended effect. Then it dwindled down to very few, as usual.

I hung out a bit and observed lots of pax through the scanner getting head/should/arm/ patted, then about every sixth or so pax getting the full monty, including the new knuckles across the groin and genitals. The TSA clerks were making sure the pax turned back toward the scanner so the pax inside the secure areas couldn't see the genital caressing going on. Pathetic.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
Flying out of PDX last week, I was surprised to see the precheck line full up for a while. Maybe the groping is having an intended effect. Then it dwindled down to very few, as usual.

I hung out a bit and observed lots of pax through the scanner getting head/should/arm/ patted, then about every sixth or so pax getting the full monty, including the new knuckles across the groin and genitals. The TSA clerks were making sure the pax turned back toward the scanner so the pax inside the secure areas couldn't see the genital caressing going on. Pathetic.
Did they ever find the B*O*M*B?

(Just kidding </end sarcasm>)

The above observation is why I am not going to fly ANYWHERE until they stop this nonsense.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I recommend using a TinyURL in such cases.
I'm an aging Baby Boomer, so, please be gentle with me... I now understand the virtues of Tiny URL...
Old May 24, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by nachtnebel

I do wish Congress/DHS IG would force the TSA to use the proper words when describing the new "pat down", i.e., genitals not "groin".
Old May 25, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - PLT Pro, United Premier PLT, HHonors - Diamond, National - Ex. Elite
TSA groping

When heading out earlier this week, saw a guy enduring the pat down, including crotch groping. He was taking it fairly well. Probably better than I would have. Now, NOT being funny, but do we have a choice in the same sex groping? If TSA decides to grope me I would honestly prefer a woman do so. As passengers do we have a choice as to the sex of our "package checker? "
Old May 25, 2017, 1:52 pm

I do wish Congress/DHS IG would force the TSA to use the proper words when describing the new "pat down", i.e., genitals not "groin".
Me too. The pax all looked a bit exasperated at getting felt up this way. That resentment is only going to grow stronger. And the TSA clerk I watched doing the feel-overs looked like he really wanted to be somewhere else

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.