Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:27 pm

until the Stanford Prison Effect takes over and they start to regard the people they abuse as nothing but troublesome cattle to be cowed into submission.
The TSA is the Stanford Prison Experiment writ large and the sexual assaults are not about security but about exerting power and control on passengers.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
The TSA is the Stanford Prison Experiment writ large and the sexual assaults are not about security but about exerting power and control on passengers.
Humiliation is a key component of exerting power in such situations. Much of TSA's screening processes revolve around humiliating travelers. I think in many cases TSA screeners are being brainwashed and played like pawns.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Humiliation is a key component of exerting power in such situations. Much of TSA's screening processes revolve around humiliating travelers. I think in many cases TSA screeners are being brainwashed and played like pawns.
I've said as much in the past. Never attribute to malice that which can easily be attributed to stupidity.

I don't believe that all TSOs are intentionally abusive, evil, sexual predators. Some of them most assuredly ARE, but most of them have simply been duped by the false premise that what they're doing is not only okay (because they're from the gubment and they're here to help), but absolutely necessary to prevent another 9/11.

It doesn't help that most TSOs, in my experience, pretty well fit the typical American demographic of a high school graduate with a toddler's understanding of the Bill of Rights, the emotional maturity of a seven-year-old (Nuh-uh!), and the self-control of a hormonal teenager (take that back or I'll punch your lights out!)

TSA screeners may be brainwashed, but not to any greater extent than the average rah-rah-Murican.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:33 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Reminder!

Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

The topic of this thread is TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs, in other words, it is about the TSA's enhanced pat-down procedures for airline passengers which were implemented earlier in the year.

If you wish to discuss screener discretion, screeners' final say, PreCheck, etc., etc., etc., we have plenty of active threads dealing with those topics.

Please keep your posts at least tangentially relevant to the subject of this thread. Future off topic messages will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for your understanding and your anticipated cooperation in this matter.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
The thread is about the TSA's enhanced pat-down procedures! It is not about TSA labor relations, work force demographics, etc. If you want to discuss those topics, please start new threads. Keep in mind this forum's guidelines (Please Read: Important Information) and void making gross disparaging generalizations of TSA employees if you choose to go into those subject matters.

Future off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Repeat offenders risk having their posting privileges suspended for a minimum of one week. Please consider this to be your one and only warning!

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Humiliating - you mean like this?

Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, EP. SPG, Plat75.
I had one of those a few days ago, random selection. I can tell you it left me nauseous. You walk away feeling violated, like, what just happened here.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Scott Schachter
I had one of those a few days ago, random selection. I can tell you it left me nauseous. You walk away feeling violated, like, what just happened here.
TSA lie: “contact with Plaintiff’s genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down.” This lie by the TSA is found in this document: http://tinyurl.com/y9ttb62p

#MeTooByTSA
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:50 am

One passenger finally stood up to TSA's patdown:

I refused both the Millimeter (Microwave) scanner after being "randomly selected" for further screening twice in 1 day. Agreed to pat down if I could cover my genitals. They refused and called police. I declined to fly and found a different route. Long day but worth it.
I was calm and respectful. The police said they didn't know why they were called. I simply refused to take the flight.
FliesWay2Much likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:28 am

^^^
One passenger finally stood up to TSA's patdown:
Link to source?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
^^^

Link to source?
https://twitter.com/reallycassandra
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:31 pm

I did the exact same thing as the Cassandra, a number of years ago. Except my Pre-Check was revoked for six months, and I was threatened with an $11K fine for not proceeding with the private screening. I also had to retain a civil rights attorney in case this were to happen again as it threatened my career. I came to this thread just now because I was just sexually assaulted at BDL. My bag was pulled for a check because apparently my baggie of dry oatmeal was threatening. The baggie “alarmed” (who knew oatmeal was explosive?), so I got a pat down. Now I’ve been groped, felt up, and karate chopped in the groin, but this woman literally swiped right up the front. I said loudly, “Are you kidding me??!!”. She stopped momentarily and explained that she had to “check” that area. Had I not been desperate to get out of Hartford, and that hellhole of an airport and get home, I would have called a LEO. Filing a complaint tomorrow first thing. I had to go to the bathroom and cry for a few minutes to get my composure back. I need to retire, and soon. I can’t do this anymore.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
The US is basically at full employment, so it is increasingly obvious that the TSOs handling pax genitals enjoy what they're doing. If they didn't, there are plenty of other jobs available, although none that require that particular skill set.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
I did the exact same thing as the Cassandra, a number of years ago. Except my Pre-Check was revoked for six months, and I was threatened with an $11K fine for not proceeding with the private screening. I also had to retain a civil rights attorney in case this were to happen again as it threatened my career. I came to this thread just now because I was just sexually assaulted at BDL. My bag was pulled for a check because apparently my baggie of dry oatmeal was threatening. The baggie “alarmed” (who knew oatmeal was explosive?), so I got a pat down. Now I’ve been groped, felt up, and karate chopped in the groin, but this woman literally swiped right up the front. I said loudly, “Are you kidding me??!!”. She stopped momentarily and explained that she had to “check” that area. Had I not been desperate to get out of Hartford, and that hellhole of an airport and get home, I would have called a LEO. Filing a complaint tomorrow first thing. I had to go to the bathroom and cry for a few minutes to get my composure back. I need to retire, and soon. I can’t do this anymore.
TSA lie: “contact with Plaintiff’s genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down.”

The TSA lie about genital contact is in this court document: tinyurl.com/y9ttb62p

As TSA has said they don't intentionally touch genitals, a police report is in order when yours are probed.

Either genital contact by TSA is deliberate or there are many screeners who enjoy feeling up passengers & take advantage to get their jollies. #MeTooByTSA
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:10 pm

Here's an interesting development:

I've been following this woman ever since the assault happened. BTW, I've had the experience of correspondence returned from TSA saying said address doesn't exist.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:37 am

We have been through hell this morning. They detained Aaron for well over an hour at DFW. (And deliberately kept us from our flight... we are now on an alternate)
For some reason, this video has come around again on @TSA and is garnering as much outrage as it first did 10 months ago. That's a good thing. I wonder if the screener is still employed by TSA and, more important, if the supervisor who egged him on, seeming to enjoy both the child's and the mother's discomfort, is still employed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.