Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm gonna tell them I have YUGE herpes. The best herpes. So many herpes it would make your head spin .
Then tell the screener that the herpes are so bad that doctor has to get special gloves to protect himself. The normal blue ones (or whatever color the TSA is using that day) offer no protection against that particular strain.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm this close to buying the tightest pants with the fewest seams that I can find (I presume male yoga pants are available?), purely to reduce my chances of TSA stupidity. And tight pants ARE NOT a good look on me. Heck I'm this close to going through the checkpoint like I'm in a professional wrestling match in a pair of spandex trunks and nothing else.
A pair of winter running leggings should do the trick. Heck, I'd even loan you a pair of mine!

Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
A pair of winter running leggings should do the trick. Heck, I'd even loan you a pair of mine!

I'd probably have to get shorts, this is Texas, not sure winter running leggings are needed here .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spd476
Then tell the screener that the herpes are so bad that doctor has to get special gloves to protect himself. The normal blue ones (or whatever color the TSA is using that day) offer no protection against that particular strain.
As Petaluma1 pointed out upstream, I have said something close to this once or twice along the lines of: "I have several genital warts from years of unprotected sex. They are really oozing right now." I like your embellishment about the doc having to use special gloves!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd probably have to get shorts, this is Texas, not sure winter running leggings are needed here .
No problem -- just invest in a pair of bike shorts:

Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
DFW radio station WBAP interviewed the mom of the boy this morning. She stated some things which I hadn't heard before. According to the mom there was a backup occurring at that TSA Checkpoint and several people had asked one female TSA screener what was going on. Apparently this mom had spoken with this screener a bit earlier about the slow down and as reported this TSA screener was being rude with her and others in the line. It was this screener which told the male screener to grope the boy. At no time was there any indication of any kind of an alarm as claimed by TSA.

Sound like a purely retaliatory act because mom had already had words with the female TSA screener.
With all the publicity this has gotten, I hope like crazy that some witnesses will come forward. We've got to keep this front & center in the media for as long as possible.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually have a pair lying around...my living setup is quite disorganized . But yes, I see the new attire for passing TSA for me becoming apparent.

With my luck I'll go through all this effort, just to end up not getting random selected by the WTMD for the next several years .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Make sure to have additional clothes in case the airline decides to be like the Taliban and make a fuss over what is being worn. The TSA can't ban tight clothing on passengers the way the airlines can.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Make sure to have additional clothes in case the airline decides to be like the Taliban and make a fuss over what is being worn. The TSA can't ban tight clothing on passengers the way the airlines can.
I don't travel on a buddy pass .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:53 am

TSA has apparently asked Mom to participate in:

On Thursday, Williamson, whose Facebook post about the pat-down went viral, said she had been contacted by the TSA, who asked her to participate in a three-tiered solution to making the regulations for children and people with challenges more sensitive and clear.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Seems to me TSA often does this after a particularly egregious episode and nothing ever comes of it. A move to mollify Mom and attempt to get the general public to believe TSA cares, is how I see this.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
You should be more concerned about what is on the gloves of the TSA screener. If you don't insist on the screener changing gloves before any groping no telling what might be transferred.

And take notice that TSA shows no concern about protecting anyone but TSA employees, otherwise they would be changing gloves before touching any person.
Many complaints on Twitter about screeners not changing gloves and many don't have a clue they can ask screeners to do so - or they are afraid to ask for fear of retaliation.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Many complaints on Twitter about screeners not changing gloves and many don't have a clue they can ask screeners to do so - or they are afraid to ask for fear of retaliation.
I too would be concerned of retaliation. Its a proven TSA problem.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by petaluma1
TSA has apparently asked Mom to participate in:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

Seems to me TSA often does this after a particularly egregious episode and nothing ever comes of it. A move to mollify Mom and attempt to get the general public to believe TSA cares, is how I see this.
Let's solve the problem by adding more regulations to the one that didn't need to exist in the first place. Talk about govt bureaucracy.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:43 am

I once had SSSS and knew about it in advance. I wore the smallest, tight-fitting shorts I own, along with a tight-fitting t-shirt.

That did not stop the screening from going inside of shorts, all over the t-shirt, and my bare arms and legs.

Even minimal and tight-fitting clothes offer no protection.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:10 pm

This article contains the mother's Facebook post, describing in detail TSA's response.

https://consumerist.com/2017/03/31/t...ying-pat-down/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.