Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotaCriminal
Several Twitter users, myself included, have sent links to the video or embedded the video. I'll have to check and see how many more might have tweeted at him (or their congressional reps) since last night.
I wonder if we could do a "We, the People" petition on whitehouse.gov?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I wonder if we could do a "We, the People" petition on whitehouse.gov?
Sure. Allegedly, it's this simple:

How Petitions Work:
Create a Petition. Call on the White House to take action on the issue that matters to you.

Gather Signatures. Share your petition with others, build a community for the change you want to make.

100,000 Signatures in 30 Days. Get an official update from the White House within 60 days.

There are many Twitter hits now for TSA/Patdown tagging the President, VP, Ivanka, congressional representatives, etc. this morning. Many media outlets also tweeting the video and story. Many calls to defund the TSA, abolish the TSA, return to the previous screening protocol. I'm no social media expert, but it seems to have gone viral. Just on Facebook alone, the video has been shared over 80K times, 50K+ comments, and over 4.8 million views.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:50 am

Several Twitter users, myself included, have sent links to the video or embedded the video. I'll have to check and see how many more might have tweeted at him (or their congressional reps) since last night.
I sent links to my reps and will now add POTUS, et als.

I shared this on one Twitter political action group to which I belong and it has received over 100 comments, ALL negative, and well over 150 "reactions". Not one single comment/reaction either pro or con to the same share on my personal Twitter page.

Last edited by petaluma1; Mar 28, 2017 at 5:57 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I sent links to my reps and will now add POTUS, et als.

I shared this on one Twitter political action group to which I belong and it has received over 100 comments, ALL negative, and well over 150 "reactions". Not one single comment/reaction either pro or con to the same share on my personal Twitter page.
Light up CNN and Fox News for the right shows in the right way and it will get attention.

I'm making sure this gets to Priebus' family. He has young kids -- a boy about the same age or a bit younger than that boy in the facebook video -- and ought to be ashamed to let this kind of stuff continue when he's able to put the spotlight on this so very easily and pressure TSA.

The story has indeed gone viral: http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/...boy-goes-viral

Apparently the TSA claims this is perfectly fine to do to teenage boys. Sick.

Here's the TSA's lousy excuse for this type of "screening":

Originally Posted by TSA
“TSA allows for a pat-down of a teenage passenger, and in this case, all approved procedures were followed to resolve an alarm of the passenger’s laptop.

The video shows a male TSA officer explaining the procedure to the passenger, who fully cooperates. Afterward, the TSA officer was instructed by his supervisor, who was observing, to complete the final step of the screening process. In total, the pat-down took approximately two minutes, and was observed by the mother and two police officers who were called to mitigate the concerns of the mother.

The passengers were at the checkpoint for approximately 45 minutes, which included the time it took to discuss screening procedures with the mother and to screen three carry-on items that required further inspection."
If I saw this being done to a kid on the street, I'd be calling the police and reporting this kind of stuff to child protective services. Why should the airport be an exception? No good reason for it to be an exception.

And "profiling" is not what is needed to make sure this kind of sick stuff isn't done in the name of "security" at American airports. There are ways to effectively interdict contraband weapons and explosives without the TSA feeling up passengers' sexual/private parts that don't involve the "do it to somebody else" lame excuse. The TSA shouldn't be doing this stuff to anybody.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 28, 2017 at 6:51 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Light up CNN and Fox News for the right shows in the right way and it will get attention.

I'm making sure this gets to Priebus' family. He has young kids -- a boy about the same age or a bit younger than that boy in the facebook video -- and ought to be ashamed to let this kind of stuff continue when he's able to put the spotlight on this so very easily and pressure TSA.

The story has indeed gone viral: http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/...boy-goes-viral

Here's the TSA's lousy excuse for this type of "screening":

If I saw this being done to a kid on the street, I'd be calling the police and reporting this kind of stuff to child protective services. Why should the airport be an exception? No good reason for it to be an exception.

And "profiling" is not what is needed to make sure this kind of sick stuff isn't done in the name of "security" at American airports. There are ways to effectively interdict contraband weapons and explosives without the TSA feeling up passengers' sexual/private parts that don't involve the "do it to somebody else" lame excuse. The TSA shouldn't be doing this stuff to anybody.
Yep, as I wrote earlier, sexually assaulting a young boy magically renders his computer that alarmed as harmless. It's disturbing that millions of people believe this to be a worthwhile practice.

@TSA & @ASKTSA are being lit up over this right now. Apparently the video was on some of the morning tv shows.

Here's a Tweet from his mother:

interesting response, considering I asked for a supervisor repeatedly and no one was brought over.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA

. . . .

. . . .

This why any talk of "most TSA employees are just doing their jobs, we should just focus on the 'bad apples'" is so much BS. Any TSA screener who would have given that teenager an identical genital rub is, by definition, a bad apple.

No screener who is capable of rational thought is unaware that he may be the next person called on to stick his hands down the pants of a minor. Knowing that, anyone who continues on the job has made a conscious decision to forego common human decency for a paycheck.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Yep, as I wrote earlier, sexually assaulting a young boy magically renders his computer that alarmed as harmless. It's disturbing that millions of people believe this to be a worthwhile practice.

@TSA & @ASKTSA are being lit up over this right now. Apparently the video was on some of the morning tv shows.

Here's a Tweet from his mother:

https://twitter.com/JenDemiRecs/stat...38516842852353
Funny, since both @ASKTSA and the TSA manager in his email response to my complaint state that we can ask for a supervisor at any time should we have concerns.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T-the-B
This why any talk of "most TSA employees are just doing their jobs, we should just focus on the 'bad apples'" is so much BS. Any TSA screener who would have given that teenager an identical genital rub is, by definition, a bad apple.

No screener who is capable of rational thought is unaware that he may be the next person called on to stick his hands down the pants of a minor. Knowing that, anyone who continues on the job has made a conscious decision to forego common human decency for a paycheck.
DIng Ding Ding, we have a winner.

Anyone who thinks these behaviors by TSA screeners are acceptable are terribly misguided. TSA screeners should refuse to follow such disgusting orders.

The story has indeed gone viral. Local DFW radio stations are running the piece this morning as well as last night on the local news and a link is now up on Drudge.

From the Drudge link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/trans...security-check

But the Transportation Security Administration said in a prepared statement that it followed approved procedures to "resolve an alarm of the passenger's laptop."
I would like TSA to explain how the pat down of this kid resolved the laptop alarm. Will take some impressive mental acrobatics to make that logical leap.

Most disturbing to me is that TSA seems to believe that they can do these things and the public should just sit back and enjoy it.

​​​​​​​The terrorist in America have been found, they wear TSA uniforms.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
The story has indeed gone viral. Local DFW radio stations are running the piece this morning as well as last night on the local news and a link is now up on Drudge.

From the Drudge link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/trans...security-check
Hopefully it makes whatever Trump is watching this morning.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T-the-B

Amen... ^

Funny, since both @ASKTSA and the TSA manager in his email response to my complaint state that we can ask for a supervisor at any time should we have concerns.
..as if the presence of a supervisor is going to fix things. What a crock.

Speaking of crocks:

TSA issued the following statement to WFAA:

“TSA allows for a pat-down of a teenage passenger, and in this case, all approved procedures were followed to resolve an alarm of the passenger’s laptop. I don't remember getting the chance to "approve" their procedures. I'm sure Congress and the WH didn't get that chance, either. I wonder when a cavity search will become "approved"???

The video shows a male TSA officer explaining the procedure to the passenger, who fully cooperates. (As if he has a choice or that the "pat down" wasn't as bad as it could have been if he didn't "fully cooperate." Afterward, the TSA officer was instructed by his supervisor, who was observing, to complete the final step of the screening process. Gee, thanks for that common-sense explanation why the groper went back and rubs the kid's crotch a second time.

In total, the pat-down took approximately two minutes, Gotcha' .. Because it was 2 minutes, it was OK.and was observed by the mother and two police officers who were called to mitigate the concerns of the mother. How could the mother possibly need "mitigating" when the procedure was only two minutes, followed approved procedures and the kid "fully cooperated?"

The passengers were at the checkpoint for approximately 45 minutes, which included the time it took to discuss screening procedures with the mother and to screen three carry-on items that required further inspection." Thanks for the explanation. "Approximately 45 minutes" is nowhere close to "nearly an hour."
Geez -- I just wish the flying public and especially young parents, would stop being so disruptive to the workings of the Police State.

NB: I wonder if the ID checker made the kid say his name and destination?

I get incensed just reading the patronizing crap from the TSA.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now the mother is really in hot water:

CORRECTION, 7:50 p.m., March 27: Because of an error in a TSA statement, an earlier version of this story incorrectly said that the family was at the airport checkpoint for 35 minutes. The agency said the passengers were at the checkpoint for 45 minutes.
The spokesh(Public Affairs Officer) made no mention of the kid being a special needs child.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:15 am

I thought that this was an over-reaction from a parent... until I saw the video. Who is going to stop the TSA? Does anyone have the power to intervene?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mats
I thought that this was an over-reaction from a parent... until I saw the video. Who is going to stop the TSA? Does anyone have the power to intervene?
Congress. That leaves the public in a very bad position.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Congress. That leaves the public in a very bad position.
The White House can stop this even more quickly and easily than Congress.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The White House can stop this even more quickly and easily than Congress.
Perhaps but a long shot at best.

Does anyone know the name of the DFW FSD? That person needs to feel some heat over the acts of the DFW TSA screeners.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.