Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
Yes, one large company.
Got it. Thanks!
Old May 29, 20, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Which Six Flags? Video wouldn't play for me.
Try
about 30 seconds in.
Old May 30, 20, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
Try here about 30 seconds in.
Thank you. Anyone notice the extreme amount of water going to waste in this clip?
Old May 30, 20, 10:53 am

Thank you. Anyone notice the extreme amount of water going to waste in this clip?
Yes, turn off the water when washing your hands (and when brushing your teeth). IMO, an excessive amount of hand washing.
Old Jun 1, 20, 9:25 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
which is why I have foot-pedal valves installed for all of my sinks. I have never had to worry about anyone, especially my young kids, leaving the water running.

Worse, though, than the extreme water being wasted is that all the faucets are hand-operated and not sanitized between customers, almost defeating the purpose of washing the hands to begin with.....not to mention the dirty hand turns on the faucet and then the clean hand touches the dirty faucet to turn off the water. It's why the touchless faucets are better (if many time more expensive....)

as far as extreme waste though - situations like this are nothing compared to the waste just from infrastructure. Industry estimates are that around 18% of daily water use (billions of gallons, per day, yes, per day) is lost just through the water distribution system itself to faulty infrastructure - and that dwarfs the amount of water lost through what was displayed in this video.

check out American Water Works Association writings on the subject....
Old Jun 1, 20, 11:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

Please keep in mind FlyerTalk Rule 5 when posting in this thread and forum.

While some natural deviation from the topic of the thread is perfectly fine, please try to keep the focus of the discussion on Evolv Technology weapon screening. Water waste/conservation is off-topic for the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Future irrelevant remarks will be summarily deleted without further warning.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: