Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slowest TSA Security Checkpoint

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Slowest TSA Security Checkpoint

What is the slowest TSA security checkpoint you have encountered?

I nominate the TSA security checkpoint at JFK T4 by gate B20, between international arrivals and domestic gates. I go through there regularly and each time passenger throughput is only about 5 people a minute. It is by far the slowest TSA security checkpoint with the dourest employees I have ever encountered.

No TSA-Pre line or signage there. Sometimes they offer a semi-TSA-Pre, i.e. no body scanner and leave you shoes on, but you still have to take out your laptop.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The checkpoint you talk about is only meant for international arriving passengers. There's no airport I know of that has PreCheck at the international connection checkpoint.

As for being busy, yes it is when a batch of international flights arrive. However other times us almost dead and even without Precheck lane it's quicker to go through then the main T4 checkpoint.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The checkpoint you talk about is only meant for international arriving passengers.
I already said that the checkpoint is international to domestic.

There's no airport I know of that has PreCheck at the international connection checkpoint.
Well DTW does from time to time.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 29, 2016 at 2:06 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The checkpoint you talk about is only meant for international arriving passengers.
I already said that the checkpoint is international to domestic.

Well DTW does from time to time.
Nope. Not at the recheck point. However if you simply walk around to the main checkpoint on the other side of the wall they do.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 29, 2016 at 2:07 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
What is the slowest TSA security checkpoint you have encountered?

I nominate the TSA security checkpoint at JFK T4 by gate B20, between international arrivals and domestic gates. I go through there regularly and each time passenger throughput is only about 5 people a minute. It is by far the slowest TSA security checkpoint with the dourest employees I have ever encountered.

No TSA-Pre line or signage there. Sometimes they offer a semi-TSA-Pre, i.e. no body scanner and leave you shoes on, but you still have to take out your laptop.
How many lanes open are you talking about?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me

Nope. Not at the recheck point. However if you simply walk around to the main checkpoint on the other side of the wall they do.
Same in SEA... The go around is the only constructive alternative to going through the neanderthal birthing ground that constitutes the international transfer (No pre-check, never have, never will) TSA checkpoint. Not sure why it has to be this way, but not my circus and definitely not my monkeys.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 29, 2016 at 2:08 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slow TSA Checkpoints can be anywhere, any day, if the screeners are engaged in an illegal work slow down as was seen earlier this year across the country. What better way to manipulate Congress and the budget process? And it worked!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
There's no airport I know of that has PreCheck at the international connection checkpoint.
DFW Terminal D, right by the customs exit.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pickles
DFW Terminal D, right by the customs exit.
Is it an actual international re-check point, or just simply the regular checkpoint used by all? I don't travel through DFW normally, but the only places I've seen PreCheck at the international re-check location is when it's really just the normal lane used by all.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Slow TSA Checkpoints can be anywhere, any day, if the screeners are engaged in an illegal work slow down as was seen earlier this year across the country.
Or if the local TSA management orders a big carry-on bag check initiative. I've experienced that scenario, where bags sent down the "additional screening" chute pile up in a mound because the screeners won't/can't check them in a timely fashion.

I (along with my 4-year-old child and our cat) waited 27 minutes for a (one, single) screener to work through enough of the pile to get to my secondaried bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.