Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

CONFIRMED: TSA now checks for adults transporting children illegally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONFIRMED: TSA now checks for adults transporting children illegally

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Section 107
From my posts it is clear I have no love lost for the TSA, Homeland Insecurity or the gubmint.

While it more than fair game to debate and castigate them for their policies and actions it really is beyond the pale to liken any of them as an institution to pederasts and murderers even as there have been some individuals among them who are.
Murderers? Where did that come from? The only mention of murder was in relation to a DHS/TSA apologist whose son was killed in an incident that led him to be an advocate of warning kids about sociopaths of some sort -- something he started decades before there was even a TSA. When did predator panic stop being his thing?

Given the TSA's approach is to get child passengers to lower their guard against strangers and to get such young persons used to being groped by strangers, is it really any surprise that some people find the TSA to be a sociopathic going concern, if even absent deliberate intent to be a sociopathic concern? It would be interesting to see how John Walsh deals with his conflicted positions.

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
She's just following directions from her higher-up. I highly doubt she sets policy and procedure.

With that said, yes, it's another worthless version of "The name game".

Curious to see what their reaction would be to a child with non-verbal autism? Or one who is just defiant.
The TSA employees aren't required to view young children as suspected kidnap targets, but the training ops get some wanting to act on what the TSA management wants them to try to do: think of the children in a suspect way. And the DHS/TSA's suspect ways too often rely upon sexism, racism and ageism when it comes to the targets of DHS/TSA "anti-human trafficking" suspicions.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 21, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
That doesn't mean that a person can't take a stand right at the checkpoint though.
Perhaps, but another quote comes to mind.

Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Perhaps, but another quote comes to mind.
Well I don't think TSA employees are as dumb as pigs, perhaps you do.

When anyone is presented with a TSA screener who appears to be off the farm in their actions there is ample reason to not only question the situation but to push the issue up that persons chain of command. Ask that the TSM for that terminal be summoned and address the problem.

If it just happens to be the former Philly Pedo Priest, a TSA TSM, you'll probably have a bad day, but nothing will happen if the problem is not addressed.

If TSA doesn't want people to draw comparisons to a less than desirable element then perhaps TSA shouldn't do things that makes arriving at that comparison so easy to make. Just saying!

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Dec 21, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Lots of talk of pigs and farms...

Not sure if people are confusing George Orwell's Animal Farm with his other work, 1984.

But to take it a step further, I would say that the government is using both as training manuals.

Tighten up your tinfoil hat, they can read your thoughts. First step, the BDO program next step, the precogs in the Pre-Crime unit.

Thought Crimes, Word Crimes, and Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke) oh my!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:08 pm

No, I don't.

I'm pointing out that there's a certain futility in protesting a policy to a low-level employee who has no influence over the imposition of the policy, and whose job might be in jeopardy if they refuse to follow the policy. (After all, aren't we the ones who claim that TSOs ought to be fired who don't know the rules?)

And, hey, if you want to spend a couple of hours at the checkpoint asserting your right to protest that decision, moving as far up the management chain as you can, and generally asserting your Constitutional rights of free speech, that's your choice, and you're quite free to do so. I won't judge.

For me, I'd rather spend that time trying to contact someone who actually could do something about it. Because I don't get any joy from tormenting low-level employees who are asked to follow idiotic policies. For me, it's trying to teach a pig to sing.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
No, I don't.

I'm pointing out that there's a certain futility in protesting a policy to a low-level employee who has no influence over the imposition of the policy, and whose job might be in jeopardy if they refuse to follow the policy. (After all, aren't we the ones who claim that TSOs ought to be fired who don't know the rules?)

And, hey, if you want to spend a couple of hours at the checkpoint asserting your right to protest that decision, moving as far up the management chain as you can, and generally asserting your Constitutional rights of free speech, that's your choice, and you're quite free to do so. I won't judge.

For me, I'd rather spend that time trying to contact someone who actually could do something about it. Because I don't get any joy from tormenting low-level employees who are asked to follow idiotic policies. For me, it's trying to teach a pig to sing.

If you don't start the complaint process right then and there it will not have happened when you complain to whom ever. Calling for the TSM for that terminal should elevate the issue to get some attention and allows the traveler to determine if an airport or higher policy is in play or an individual screener playing junior G man games. Trying to make contact with the TSA CSR for that airport could also be beneficial.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Well, not *all* of them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.