Wiki Posts
Search

"ssssss" brings back memories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
"ssssss" brings back memories

Last Monday I checked in at the LH Star Gold desk in BCN for BCN-FRA-IAD. Boarding pass two contained the dreaded "ssssss".
When I attempted to board I was sent to secondary which was more efficient and more courteous than I have ever experienced before. I was then escourted to the plane and boarded immediately.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Reminds me of a case in the late 90s, I arrived into FRA on a flight from GRU, and, while walking down the hallway toward passport control, was stopped by a plainclothes border patrol officer. Asked where I was headed, reason for my trip, etc. He looked at my passport, and took it and me to the front of the huge passport line, they swiped it, checked the computer, etc, and he and I went on to baggage claim, where my bag was just arriving. He spent two minutes looking through it, thanked me, and sent me on my way. By skipping the line at passport control, getting the extra inspection actually SAVED me 20-30 minutes. Very convenient!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:45 pm

When you said "ssss" brings back bad memories I thought
you were going to bring up that grade z snake horror flick from the 70s
that was often showing as part of a double feature with Willard the
rat.
Also the doubled SS of the Hitler regime doesn't make it sounder any sweeter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.