FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSA agent stole passenger’s money at checkpoint, police say (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1711966-tsa-agent-stole-passenger-s-money-checkpoint-police-say.html)

FliesWay2Much Sep 23, 2015 12:49 pm

TSA agent stole passenger’s money at checkpoint, police say

Another one bites the dust...

A TSA agent at JFK Airport was busted when he was caught stealing money out of a passenger’s wallet at a security checkpoint, authorities said.

Joe Bangay, 37, was processing passengers at Terminal 1 around 10:30 p.m. Saturday when he swiped $61 in cash out of the passenger’s wallet, according to police.

<snip>

The TSA agent was arrested and charged with petit larceny and possession of stolen property.
The regional spokeshole was too busy protecting his agency from a transexual to bother to tell us if this clerk, or the one who stole and then destroyed another victim's watch earlier in the month, are still employed or not.

Combined with the sex crime earlier in September, the TSA already has a hat trick for the month.

tanja Sep 23, 2015 2:31 pm

And they say they are "protecting"us ? We would need an agency to "protect" us from TSA.

N830MH Sep 23, 2015 2:31 pm

He will be terminated his job. That's stealing!! Not nice!!! Leave the passengers' alone! Do not touch with his money, and watches. He could go to jail for that.

tanja Sep 23, 2015 2:47 pm

YES Really. But when all this happen what can we do.? Have a voice? We could get arressted miss our flight. It is bad either way.

DaveBlaine Sep 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much (Post 25468288)
Another one bites the dust...

The regional spokeshole was too busy protecting his agency from a transexual to bother to tell us if this clerk, or the one who stole and then destroyed another victim's watch earlier in the month, are still employed or not.

Combined with the sex crime earlier in September, the TSA already has a hat trick for the month.

Isolated incident.

Nothing to see here. Move along folks... :)

tanja Sep 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Are you kidding? bad enough that TSA does it ones. But time after time.what if it happen to you and your dear ones?Would you still think/say the same? Happen to me my voice would be HEARD all over the airport.

DaveBlaine Sep 23, 2015 3:08 pm

"Shout it out Loud" -Kiss

Originally Posted by tanja (Post 25468881)
Are you kidding?

Yes.

Randyk47 Sep 24, 2015 7:48 am

I don't remember the last time, if ever, that I just threw my wallet in a tray and left it exposed. That habit really started way back when they first introduced terminal security long before there was a TSA. I also can't remember the last time I traveled without an attaché case, backpack, or some other carry on other than just a coat so I've always had some place to put my valuables. I guess I'm a bit paranoid in that I'm not easily distracted and, maybe it's just been luck, so I keep an eye on my tray(s) and rarely let my stuff out of my sight. My other habit, again started years and years ago, has been to prep for security away from security. Part of that is it's just easier to do out of the way and part of it has been not to draw attention to what I'm putting in my carry on.

FliesWay2Much Sep 24, 2015 9:50 am

I've done the same thing for decades. It's just good OPSEC. However, the American people (and our foreign guests who traverse through our airports) should expect that 100% of their belongings are safe every time they enter a TSA checkpoint while under control of federal government employees regardless of the OPSEC risks they may choose to take.

Boggie Dog Sep 24, 2015 9:57 am

$61.00. What kind of person would risk their job and freedom for $61.00?

I think I understand why they worked for TSA.

chollie Sep 24, 2015 10:08 am

What kind of person?

Someone who has been inspired by seeing co-workers getting away with it.

What TSO is going to see something and say something? They're all too busy engaging in personal conversations and playing with their cell phones, and the BDOs and spotniks turn a deliberately blind eye on their fellow employees.

Randyk47 Sep 24, 2015 10:23 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much (Post 25472362)
I've done the same thing for decades. It's just good OPSEC. However, the American people (and our foreign guests who traverse through our airports) should expect that 100% of their belongings are safe every time they enter a TSA checkpoint while under control of federal government employees regardless of the OPSEC risks they may choose to take.

I agree and while I realize there are thieves, crooks, etc., in every walk of life I probably unrealistically have higher expectations of people put in charge of public safety. Unfortunately I've frequently been disappointed. Of course, and no offense to the upstanding group here, but it's not like I trust my fellow travelers 100%.

FliesWay2Much Sep 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog (Post 25472397)
$61.00. What kind of person would risk their job and freedom for $61.00?

I think I understand why they worked for TSA.

Given that we don't know if he has actually been fired, because no TSA spokeshole has said so, he may not have risked his job or, in the case of a wrist-slap, his freedom, either.

N830MH Sep 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Please don't put a wallets in the trays. You must put a wallets in a bags and etc. They will steal it. And also, you must put a changes in a bags, as well as the iPhone, watches and etc. DO NOT PUT A WALLETS IN THE TRAYS!!

DaveBlaine Sep 25, 2015 6:39 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 25474400)
Please don't put a wallets in the trays. You must put a wallets in a bags and etc. They will steal it. And also, you must put a changes in a bags, as well as the iPhone, watches and etc. DO NOT PUT A WALLETS IN THE TRAYS!!

Agreed. I will not put a wallets in the trays.