Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US No-Fly List

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: TSA
We have been briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the NFL. Yet my son in the military got SSSS recently and did not fit any criteria. Unless no wait, I am a tewworrist, that is why,, actually there is still a random factor.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyecue
We have been briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the NFL. Yet my son in the military got SSSS recently and did not fit any criteria. Unless no wait, I am a tewworrist, that is why,, actually there is still a random factor.

Yeah, the random factor is a government that is out of control and completely ignores the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

And that includes TSA and its employees.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The TSA screeners -- and even the FSDs -- are not briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the no-fly list.

Being a haraSSSSment target is very distinct from being on the NFL. I thought this distinction ought to be common knowledge amongst all TSA employees, but who knows.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:08 am

There's a big difference between being on the No-Fly List and getting SSSS. But you should know that because you've been briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the NFL.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
There's a big difference between being on the No-Fly List and getting SSSS. But you should know that because you've been briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the NFL.
I'm sure his TSA co-worker, the judge, has also been fully briefed on all aspects and qualifiers for the NFL.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
eyecue, I will believe it is truly random when you report that you got SSSS. Or your former federal judge boss got SSSS. Or a congressman or Supreme Court justice got SSSS.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Wouldn't that make you a more dangerous passenger than the rest of us and necessitate more intense screening? Seems to me that, if one were familiar with all the aspects and qualifiers for the NFL, it would be easier for that person to avoid detection.

Mike
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by mikeef
Wouldn't that make you a more dangerous passenger than the rest of us and necessitate more intense screening? Seems to me that, if one were familiar with all the aspects and qualifiers for the NFL, it would be easier for that person to avoid detection.

Mike
Agree. I can't see any reason why anyone but a special subset of TSA employees should have this information. The folks rifling bodies and bags at the airport are not processing tickets and doing background checks. There is no reason for them to have this information and every reason for them to not have it. In the wrong hands (and that includes some TSOs, as we all know), it is indeed valuable information that could be misused.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
Do you have any doubt that there are people who are kept off certain hit lists in order to make sure they don't get annoyed enough to decide to spill/share the proverbial beans? Let's take it as a given that no ordinary person can blackmail/intimidate ordinary people as effectively as a government can blackmail/intermediate ordinary people. And yet relatively safe parts of the world freak out over non-state terrorist actors even as state actor terrorists are far more powerful and threatening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.