My TSA Pre-Checks fell off a cliff....

Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
My TSA Pre-Checks fell off a cliff....

I did a quick search, didn't find an obvious thread, apologies if this is old ground.

This time last year, maybe 9/10 of my flights would get the TSA Pre-Check happy tick.

I had a one happy tick last week, but that's the last I can remember in a good couple of months.

A fellow traveller said that I (i.e. everyone) needed to re-apply, which I am happy to do if necessary, but if that was the case why did I even get one positive tick?

What's the deal?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
TSA announced almost 18 months ago that it was phasing out the pilot freebie program which I presume you agreed to through UA.

You will need to apply for Global Entry ($100/5 years) or, if you don't have a passport - don't travel internationally, TSA Pre-Check ($85/5 years). Not quite just signing up, but not particularly burdensome.

You will still receive Pre-Check once in a while, but as time goes on, it will be less and less.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
NEXUS costs $50, but the listed membership fees are not the total cost paid for by members' enrollment in any of the DHS "trusted traveler" programs mentioned in this thread.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
I have Global Entry and have gotten PRE until my last round trip flight... have things changed (since TSA got in trouble) or is this just one of those "random" incidents? I'm just afraid for future flights and wonder if something happened to my account that I need to try to fix.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: United 1P, Hertz Gold #1 5*, Avis First, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Check profile

OP - have your profile details with the airline changed in any way (even minor like added Mr.)? The smurf person matching engine is quite anal about all the i's & t's being exactly the same every single time.

I've had similar experiences... book a ticket directly with the airline and hardly get any love; but book with my corporate TA and got loved almost every time. And all this because the airline profile has my name listed as "Mr. Jupiter Ally" while the corporate TA uses "Jupiter Ally"
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gayste
I have Global Entry and have gotten PRE until my last round trip flight... have things changed (since TSA got in trouble) or is this just one of those "random" incidents? I'm just afraid for future flights and wonder if something happened to my account that I need to try to fix.
It seems to be more hit or miss recently. My Mom has GE and she didn't get Precheck the day after Memorial Day. A week later, I missed it on a return portion of the trip I was on (I also have GE).
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:30 pm

I had one weird experience, got SSSS on a wholly domestic itinerary (last week), other than that one out layer I have been 100% PreCheck as a Global Entry Member.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.