Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
Those long "security" lines at stadiums and airports are bigger, softer targets than anything inside the secure area. It's ridiculous that the guise of security has opened us up to greater risks.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Hmmm. so not only did it take TSA 3 months to do an investigation, but the TSA supervisor allowed another person to be assaulted by this agent? Nice of them to use an unsuspecting person as bait.

Also, why could they not have used videotape from other times when the agent was using the palm ( ) of his hands to feel the victim's groin and buttocks and not the palm of the hand as is customary?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Meanwhile, I'm wondering why TSA is stonewalling requests for security footage from the DEN groper investigation.

TSA is citing an 'ongoing investigation', even though they have allegedly (and reluctantly) identified the culprits and fired them.

DEN police said there was no case, but now that there's media attention - shock! - there's talk about reconsidering. Of course, for DEN police to truly investigate, they're going to need access to the airport security tapes that TSA is refusing to release.

If TSA has nothing to hide, what is the problem? Frankly, I would have no problem with all airport footage being available for public perusal at all times.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VelvetJones
MLB made all teams, including the Blue Jays, install metal detectors and follow standard procedures for screening every single person entering the games this year. MLB claimed that this was implemented based on "recommendations" from DHS. No idea if this is true or if coercion was involved. My guess is that it was, considering how DHS has basically taken over security for private events such as the Super Bowl. I do wish to thank them though, as they'll now be saving me about a grand a year that I will no longer spend on MLB tickets.
Time to boycott any place of business that demands such screening of private citizens.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by VelvetJones
MLB made all teams, including the Blue Jays, install metal detectors and follow standard procedures for screening every single person entering the games this year. MLB claimed that this was implemented based on "recommendations" from DHS. No idea if this is true or if coercion was involved. My guess is that it was, considering how DHS has basically taken over security for private events such as the Super Bowl. I do wish to thank them though, as they'll now be saving me about a grand a year that I will no longer spend on MLB tickets.
DHS advised the MLB to set up audience screening for all games, and MLB took up the suggestion. It is security theater as usual.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
All I can say is shame. Shame on the two deviants. Shame on their fellow clerks who witnessed this going on and did nothing (does anyone REALLY believe no one else knew what was going on?). Shame on station management for allowing this to go on and then swept under the proverbial rug when it came to light.

The TSA station at DEN should be disbanded. Give it back to a private entity and make one of the conditions that NO ONE who worked for TSA at DEN is rehired. There should be plenty of jobs at local fast food outlets for them to apply for - at least they would have a counter between themselves and the public...
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:24 pm

> These scumbags, even the female scumbag accomplice, need to become registered sex offenders.

+1
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Wait, I thought we were told over and over that there was no way the nude-o-scopes could be used by the TSA to get their jollies?

You mean the apologists and the TSA were wrong? That maybe the images weren't all that titillating (pun intended), but the TSA was using them as an excuse to grope pax?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by exerda
Wait, I thought we were told over and over that there was no way the nude-o-scopes could be used by the TSA to get their jollies?

You mean the apologists and the TSA were wrong? That maybe the images weren't all that titillating (pun intended), but the TSA was using them as an excuse to grope pax?
Let's not lose our heads here.

I'm sure this is the only time it has happened at DEN and nothing like it has happened at any other US airport. TSA has the highest standards, bla-bla.

Look around you, next time you are at a checkpoint. Do you really believe these busy people have time to think up ways to amuse themselves on the job at pax expense?

Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
> These scumbags, even the female scumbag accomplice, need to become registered sex offenders.
..... as if that will put a stop to this TSA behavior? It's better to eliminate the use of the strip search machines and the TSA's groping of people for no good reason.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Agreed!

Originally Posted by exerda

Personally, I think that TSA gropings should occur after flights, not before them. The practical effect on airline security will be about the same, and everyone will be in a more relaxed frame of mind, facilitating more arousal.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by pontifex
So how long did you work alongside fellow screeners who were using the nude body scanners as a pretext to commit sexual assault against innocent people?
?
I never did work that area while those incidents occurred.
?

Did you (or do you) conspire to use the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault against innocent people?
?
No.
?

Is the number of people against whom screeners used the nude body scanners to commit sexual assault greater than or less than the number of explosives the nude body scanners have detected in the five years your pathetic excuse to an agency has been using the nude body scanners as the primary method of screening passengers?
?
This question is really strange. There are on average 2000 people put through one scanner in a singe lane on a single CP in any CAT x airport in a shift. There is no way the number of alarms on passengers can exceed the number of people scanned.?

Why should any traveler trust any TSA employee after this?
You can trust the TDC, The DO, the x-ray operator, the wmtd monitor and the dynamic TSO.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATL-Bri
I'll jump in here if we want to talk about sexual assault at Washington Dulles. I am not sure what the statute of limitations is in Virginia, but I received the open-palm search a few years ago from one specific agent. The first time it really startled me.

Found it:
Wasn't this guy, was it? This scumbag was arrested for organizing gangbangs.

I had a personal run-in with him about a month before he was arrested. I still have his business card.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spd476
I get a lot of full body pat downs due to my insulin pump. Fortunately the ETD test hasn't false alarmed on me yet. If it ever does, I'm going to insist that the next search takes place in public. Good on you! People on this site have said what the search entails and none of it is unexpected or SSI. Unless it involves a strip search, there is no reason that it can't be performed in public. Why does any person have to be stripsearched to fly on a commercial airplane?If the TSA is embarrassed by the search, that's not my problem. I don't really care, my genitals would have being touched on the initial opt-out pat down. It's all of our problem for allowing this to take place at all.It doesn't matter what part of the hand is being used, they are still touching that area.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's Hope Yet

Originally Posted by petaluma1
By Lindsey Bever April 15 at 2:21 AM
(Getty Images) (Getty Images)

Two Transportation Security Administration screeners have been fired following accusations that they manipulated the security system at Denver International Airport so that one of them, a man, could grope “attractive” male passengers coming through the checkpoint, according to news reports.

CBS Denver first reported the story Monday, revealing there had been almost a dozen such instances of unlawful sexual contact. Here’s how it worked, police said.

The male TSA employee would alert a female colleague when he saw a good looking man approaching the checkpoint. The woman would then press a button on the body scanner to tell the machine that the man going through it was actually a woman, so the machine would indicate an oddity in the genital area.

This gave the male screener an excuse to do a pat-down search on targeted passengers.

The allegations came from an anonymous TSA employee last November who claimed the male screener had told her he “gropes” male passengers who come through the security checkpoint, according to a Denver Police report. Two months later, the agency sent a special agent to investigate.

On Feb. 9, the investigator saw the male screener give a signal when a passenger entered the scanner. The female screener pushed the button. “The scanner alerted to an anomaly,” the police report said, and he saw the male screener “conduct a patdown search of that passenger’s front groin and buttocks area with the palms of his hands, which is contradictory to TSA searching policy.”

TSA’s pat-down policy states: “Security officers will use the back of their hand to pat-down a traveler’s sensitive areas. For non-sensitive areas, security officers will use the front of their hand.”

When the investigator questioned the female employee, she admitted she had tricked the scanner at least 10 other times for her colleague and said she knew that by doing so, her colleague would be permitted to pat down the passengers, the report said.

Prosecutors initially declined to take the case because no victims had been identified, meaning there was no likelihood of a conviction, according to the police report. However, Denver District Attorney spokeswoman Lynn Kimbrough said Tuesday that prosecutors are looking at it again to see whether charges may be filed.

“We were looking at it before through the narrow lens of a sex crime — now we’re broadening our perspective,” she told the Denver Post. “It’s possible that some other charge may be appropriate.”

Regarding the incident in February, TSA said it has video footage but could not identify the victim. The agency believes he was a Southwest Airlines passenger, but no one has not come forward to file charges, according to CBS Denver. The agency has refused to release the tape and any additional documents to the news station, citing an ongoing investigation.
How can you find a victim if you don't release the tape so people can look at it an figure out who was a victim?

I just want these scumbags to be branded as registered sex offenders. I want them to be financially ruined and living on the street in downtown Denver begging for food. Better yet, I want them begging for food on 16th street wearing their TSA uniforms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.