Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:32 pm

Arrested at ORD again:

'Serial stowaway' arrested at O'Hare days after judge bans her from airport - Chicago Tribune
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This woman clearly has some issue which makes reasonable behavior impossible for her. Detention in a secure facility seems a likely outcome.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
This woman clearly has some issue which makes reasonable behavior impossible for her. Detention in a secure facility seems a likely outcome.
Yes, I am aware of this. She won't change her behaviors. Because she was banned ORD, MDW, Greyhound bus and Amtrak, as well. She needs psychiatrist. She was supposed to stay at mental health facility, but she cannot leaves. She always breaks the rules. She doesn't listen. She's trying to get past at security again without ticket.

Ridiculous! She didn't listen. She was not supposed to be there. She won't change her behaviors. Why does she doing it?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Ah, yes, the John Cena "You-Don't-See-Me" trick - hmm, seems to have worked better for her than him! I love this part:

During her Jan. 20 bond hearing, prosecutors said Hartman used her hair to hide her face and walk past two federal Transportation Security Administration pre-check agents
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Section 107
Ah, yes, the John Cena "You-Don't-See-Me" trick - hmm, seems to have worked better for her than him! I love this part:

During her Jan. 20 bond hearing, prosecutors said Hartman used her hair to hide her face and walk past two federal Transportation Security Administration pre-check agents
Cousin Itt must never pay for a ticket, then.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Only if the screeners who let her through receive the same punishment.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Only if the screeners who let her through receive the same punishment.
She clearly has some medical issues and even while being directed to not repeat going to the airport she failed to comply with the courts order. I don't hold TSA blameless but the two issues are separate and different issues.

This lady has some serious issues that need to be dealt with before something bad happens.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
She clearly has some medical issues and even while being directed to not repeat going to the airport she failed to comply with the courts order. I don't hold TSA blameless but the two issues are separate and different issues.

This lady has some serious issues that need to be dealt with before something bad happens.
Agree. There are basically three issues here. One, her potential mental state or issues that drive her to continually challenge the various parts of the air transportation system. Two, the ability to somehow circumvent TSA’s security checkpoint process. Three, the ability to somehow circumvent the airline’s gate boarding process.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Well Guys,

The judge is denied to release her from jail. She's currently in Cook County jail. She was not cooperating with the judge & the lawyer, too. She doesn't listen to the judge. She didn't take her medication. She must take a medication. She won't change her behaviors.

Judge Denies Request To Release ?Serial Stowaway? Marilyn Hartman « CBS Chicago

Sorry Guys!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure the county jail is the right place for this lady. She needs mental health treatment in an in patient environment.
STBCypriot and petaluma1 like this.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Feb 9, 2018 at 9:54 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:25 am

I think she should be on the payroll of an independent government watchdog.

She's the best 'secret shopper'/security tester around. She keeps exposing glaring weaknesses: while TSOs are rubbing genitals and confiscating breast milk and harassing wheelchair pax, she continues to waltz past their 'security'.

If TSA doesn't like being embarrassed by her, perhaps they should start providing genuine security instead of harassing, bullying 'theater'.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
I think she should be on the payroll of an independent government watchdog.

She's the best 'secret shopper'/security tester around. She keeps exposing glaring weaknesses: while TSOs are rubbing genitals and confiscating breast milk and harassing wheelchair pax, she continues to waltz past their 'security'.

If TSA doesn't like being embarrassed by her, perhaps they should start providing genuine security instead of harassing, bullying 'theater'.
There is really only one part of TSA's security that she really has to circumvent or fool, and that's the TDC. She's not smuggling prohibited items in, so it really doesn't matter how effective the screening is - she's getting past the TDC's check of her boarding pass vs ID. Which most of us agree has zero security benefit, anyway, so really, I don't care one bit that she's getting past it.

I do enjoy hearing TSA double-talk about how "ID matters!" and "You can't fly without valid ID!" while at the same time they say, "Well, it doesn't matter if her ID doesn't match her BP, because she was physically screened and presented no threat." Which invalidates the idea that ID matters at all. Hilarious!

I put more onus on the carriers for a stowaway issue. How does someone get aboard a plane without a valid boarding pass? Do random people simply walk past the GA while they're busy collecting BPs from the boarding queue? Or does this woman actually present a fraudulent BP to the GAs to gain access to an aircraft? I can't believe there is a failure of imagination on this one; sneaking in or presenting fake documents are both basic, simple ideas that should be among the first addressed by any sort of physical security or access control scheme.
STBCypriot likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:48 pm

I agree, the airlines share the blame. This isn't a diabolical, well-trained terrorist - not as far as I know, anyway - yet she continues to cirumvent the combined efforts of TSA and the airlines to ensure that they know WHO is entering the sterile area and WHO is boarding a plane at any given time.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
I agree, the airlines share the blame. This isn't a diabolical, well-trained terrorist - not as far as I know, anyway - yet she continues to cirumvent the combined efforts of TSA and the airlines to ensure that they know WHO is entering the sterile area and WHO is boarding a plane at any given time.
I agree. She doesn’t appear to be dangerous which is good considering she’s obviously very good at circumventing a number of checkpoints. She has obvious traits of antisocial personality disorder but without actually working with her I can’t say to what degree. Funny thing is because of her I’ve actually paid more attention at TSA checkpoints and boarding gates and I love to have her explain what she sees and how she takes advantage of certain situations. Her powers of observation are really pretty good as she’s figured out when and how to get through both. Of course we don’t know how many failures she’s had and how she has disengaged herself when denied access. Her age and grandmotherly appearance probably are huge advantages.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:28 pm

A Cook County judge has ruled serial stowaway Marilyn Hartman unfit to stand trial, and ordered her to be treated at an inpatient mental health facility.
How long before she slips out of whatever facility she's put in?

Serial Stowaway Ruled Unfit For Trial; Will Undergo Mental Treatment « CBS Chicago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.