FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSA agent arrested after drugs found inside SW Miami-Dade home (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1590849-tsa-agent-arrested-after-drugs-found-inside-sw-miami-dade-home.html)

Spiff Jul 2, 2014 9:43 am

TSA agent arrested after drugs found inside SW Miami-Dade home

WSVN.com Article

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida TSA officer employee remained behind bars one day after she was arrested on several drug charges, including cocaine trafficking.

Thirty-three-year-old Latwana Shaneaka Daniels appeared in bond court on Sunday where was denied bond.

According to Daniels' arrest affidavit, a search warrant was executed at her home, located on the 11300 block of Southwest 245th Street in Southwest Miami-Dade, Saturday. Detectives found large amounts of cocaine and marijuana, as well as a loaded Beretta PX4 handgun.

But... she had a background check! How could this have happened??

And this was all going on while she had unrestricted airside access. TSA employees' lack of screening is the biggest security threat to USA airports and aircraft.

FliesWay2Much Jul 2, 2014 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 23131137)
WSVN.com Article

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida TSA officer employee remained behind bars one day after she was arrested on several drug charges, including cocaine trafficking.

Thirty-three-year-old Latwana Shaneaka Daniels appeared in bond court on Sunday where was denied bond.

According to Daniels' arrest affidavit, a search warrant was executed at her home, located on the 11300 block of Southwest 245th Street in Southwest Miami-Dade, Saturday. Detectives found large amounts of cocaine and marijuana, as well as a loaded Beretta PX4 handgun.

And this was all going on while she had unrestricted airside access. TSA employees' lack of screening is the biggest security threat to USA airports and aircraft.

I'm glad things are back to normal. We had gone through quite a dry spell lately. The TSA Spokeholes don't even bother with their standard drivel anymore. I kinda' miss Nico...

Yoshi212 Jul 2, 2014 11:43 am

Where do you think she got the coke and pot? It was all "surrendered" materials from the checkpoint ;)

Bolding mine

goalie Jul 2, 2014 2:23 pm

So when is she going to be sent for retraining? ;)

FredAnderssen Jul 2, 2014 2:54 pm

You'd think that at the very least a BDO would have picked up on it.

Spiff Jul 2, 2014 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by FredAnderssen (Post 23133031)
You'd think that at the very least a BDO would have picked up on it.

A phrenologist would have had a better chance of doing so than one of TSA's behavior detection oxygen-scrubbers.

N830MH Jul 2, 2014 11:38 pm

Wow, wow! Unbelievable! How could be happens? She never work for TSA. That's ridiculous! She didn't passed her background check and she failed. She never have her convicted felons before.

FredAnderssen Jul 3, 2014 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 23134791)
A phrenologist would have had a better chance of doing so than one of TSA's behavior detection oxygen-scrubbers.

My money is on astrologers. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

DeafBlonde Jul 3, 2014 8:06 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 23132802)

You know, that remark would be really funny...if there weren't such a big hint of truth in it. :(

halls120 Jul 3, 2014 8:42 am

Once again, we see evidence of TSA's rigorous approach to workforce hiring and monitoring. :rolleyes:

mikeef Jul 3, 2014 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 23134791)

Originally Posted by FredAnderssen (Post 23135758)
My money is on astrologers. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Don't. Give. Them. Any. Ideas.

Mike

goalie Jul 3, 2014 8:48 am

Originally Posted by DeafBlonde (Post 23136681)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 23132802)

You know, that remark would be really funny...if there weren't such a big hint of truth in it. :(

Scary isn't it? You and I get "sent to the big house up the river" and she gets to go to school to learn how to do better next tme :rolleyes:

N830MH Jul 3, 2014 9:49 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 23136922)
Scary isn't it? You and I get "sent to the big house up the river" and she gets to go to school to learn how to do better next tme :rolleyes:

Right, she didn't receive her high school diploma or college diploma. She never had. She didn't go to school. She never did. She didn't graduated from high school.

eyecue Jul 4, 2014 7:33 am

Amazing

Another black eye for the TSA but you guys are relentless!
No agency is perfect in its hiring, retention and keeping employees out of situations like this because it is a human problem.
No, the drugs did not come from the check point surrendered or confiscated items.
No the BDO's would not have seen anything and you don't understand that program.
No, she wont be retrained and put back on the checkpoint, she well end up on the internal "wall of shame" that TSA has.
BTW the issue with high school diploma and GED as a condition of employment is misunderstood because it was ruled BEFORE TSA that having those things as a requirement for employment is illegal!

tkey75 Jul 4, 2014 8:09 am

So a BDO is only trained to spot people who are nervous about carrying a bomb and not drugs. Got it.

Where did you get your information on education requirements for jobs being illegal? If so, then about 98% of the job postings in the US right now are breaking the law (the other 2% being for the TSA, apparently).