FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSA invading Boston subway system (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1581054-tsa-invading-boston-subway-system.html)

mikeef May 29, 2014 7:38 am

TSA invading Boston subway system

With downtown's Government Center stop and its Dunkin' Donuts closed for repairs, our friendly neighborhood TSAers went looking for the next stop, which turns out to be Haymarket Station (Dunkin' Donuts at the top of the back escalator).

Yup, they're back. On my trip home yesterday, I noticed the two TSAers setting up "The Desk," with four cops there to help out (one for each table leg?). While it's true that some of those fruit vendors on Fridays and Saturdays can get pretty nasty, I'm not sure that calls for six people to defend us from flying tomatoes.

The afternoon commute just got that much better. On the plus side, there is a second entrance to the station that doesn't have space for these clowns. I know which one I'll be using.

Mike

DIFIN May 29, 2014 7:58 am

are they going to keep rush hour people from boarding....LOTS OF LUCK

saulblum May 29, 2014 8:16 am

And don't forget North Station has an entrance a block away.

The way I look at it, if you're too lazy to seek out ways around warrantless searches by the thugs in blue, you deserve the Constitution spitting being handed to you.

Maybe someone should set up a large screen showing how well the metal detectors and checkpoints at Volvograd's station kept train travelers safe last year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/video...bombing-2014-1

WillCAD May 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Do they ever ask commuters for "Papers, please" in a faux Russian accent? Even in jest?

CDKing May 29, 2014 4:56 pm

why not just have 2 cops do some random searches. I mean they are getting paid the same anyways.

BTW does the Global Entry card get you out of the search? Maybe add a precheck line while they are at it.

Spiff May 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by WillCAD (Post 22946586)
Do they ever ask commuters for "Papers, please" in a faux Russian accent? Even in jest?

A fake East German accent is better. ;)

DIFIN May 30, 2014 7:51 am

two years ago I had watched a WWII movie, I told the Jr TSA that they could us the movie for good ides which got me to a Sr blueshirt, I told him the same thing. next thing you know I had a chat with a suit, he was going to let me go but Sr bluehirt said in effect, he hurt my feeling, I don't want to let him through but the suit overruled him. true story 1-1-2013 PDX

Spiff May 30, 2014 8:43 am

Originally Posted by DIFIN (Post 22949706)
two years ago I had watched a WWII movie, I told the Jr TSA that they could us the movie for good ides which got me to a Sr blueshirt, I told him the same thing. next thing you know I had a chat with a suit, he was going to let me go but Sr bluehirt said in effect, he hurt my feeling, I don't want to let him through but the suit overruled him. true story 1-1-2013 PDX

Amazing how "hurt feelings" and "disrespect" somehow equate to "security concern"... :confused:

"When you disrespect me, you disrespect the Motherland, Comrade! Off to gulag with you!!"

mikeef May 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by DIFIN (Post 22943579)
are they going to keep rush hour people from boarding....LOTS OF LUCK

Just don't look them in the eyes. Kinda like this.

Mike

FliesWay2Much May 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 22951569)
Just don't look them in the eyes. Kinda like this.

Mike

My demeanor when my nose is about to be rubbed in the Constitution by these people is more like this:

http://nflandcollegefootball.com/wp-...re-300x156.jpg

OverThereTooMuch May 31, 2014 12:18 pm

I welcome the idea of more security in our mass transit systems.

Kinda silly to leave so many gaping holes in this process, but some security is better than none.

chollie May 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 22956048)

Kinda silly to leave so many gaping holes in this process, but some security is better than none.

I'd like to think as much time is being devoted to monitoring tracks, maintenance sheds and the train crew as is devoted to pax. I'm far more concerned about someone causing harm by tampering with tracks or the train itself or taking over the controls of the train. As far as loss of life, I'm much more concerned about someone taking over or otherwise derailing a cargo train with a dangerous cargo than a commuter train.

Airbridge May 31, 2014 2:31 pm

I welcome winning the lottery and having an orgy with super models on my luxury yacht. Kind of silly to equate the TSA with more security, Have you ever considered enrolling in a critical thinking study course?

Spiff May 31, 2014 10:03 pm

The TSA = For Joke or Novelty Purposes Only. Not to be confused with actual security.

TSA is a security hole. Some "security" is worse than none. It's like being on fire and running in circles (do something!) instead of stop, drop, and roll.

TheOneTheOnly May 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 22957925)
The TSA = For Joke or Novelty Purposes Only. Not to be confused with actual security.

TSA is a security hole. Some "security" is worse than none. It's like being on fire and running in circles (do something!) instead of stop, drop, and roll.

You're being generous, I'd liken it more to being on fire and running across a set of logs floating in a tank of gasoline.