Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family visiting USA !

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Family visiting USA !

My sister is coming to USA for a visit. Her kids are a female born 91 a son 95 and a dughter 98. I told het what can happenen in airports. She told me she and her kids are blonde white so she thinks they are safe no touching. I told her not to count on it. She did dont like my answer and that she should pretty much not approve of it. Sad and scary that people have to be causious of not being touched. They are spending money here.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No need to fear-monger your sister and her kids. Depending on where they are traveling from, they may find the security procedures much more invasive than in the US. As a practical matter and presuming that they've each got a BP and their passport in hand, they will most likely fly through the checkpoint and may even well be selected for random pre-check.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
No need to fear-monger your sister and her kids. Depending on where they are traveling from, they may find the security procedures much more invasive than in the US. As a practical matter and presuming that they've each got a BP and their passport in hand, they will most likely fly through the checkpoint and may even well be selected for random pre-check.
Sweden to Miami. sweden does not touch private parts at all.
also not putting fear in her. My sister wants to know how to protect her kids from touching as her self.
Old May 21, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
She told me she and her kids are blonde white
Why would this matter?

If TSA wants to do a pat-down, any resistance could be viewed as a threat to their authority and could escalate. As uncomfortable as it might be, failure to comply might mean - at a minimum - no flight. However, that being said, the chance of a pat-down is very remote, as Often1 said, especially for children (although it can happen).
Old May 21, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by relangford
Why would this matter?

If TSA wants to do a pat-down, any resistance could be viewed as a threat to their authority and could escalate. As uncomfortable as it might be, failure to comply might mean - at a minimum - no flight. However, that being said, the chance of a pat-down is very remote, as Often1 said, especially for children (although it can happen).
A lot of people think and belive that it would not happen to them. Her daughters are 23 and 16 and very beautiful. I have told her that TSA does not care about ethnic they do what they will do.
A lot of people think it is just stories that TSA would get "personal" with visiting tourists. Until it happens to them Those are the people who always say that they will never come back.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Often1
The irony of mentioning fear-mongering.

The TSA groping sexual parts of passengers' bodies is unfortunately a daily and routine occurrence, and it is something passengers should expect as a substantial possibility of hitting themselves or a member of the travel party when going through screening at an airport where the TSA is generally in charge of the screening show.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The irony of mentioning fear-mongering.

The TSA groping sexual parts of passengers' bodies is unfortunately a daily and routine occurrence, and it is something passengers should expect as a substantial possibility of hitting themselves or a member of the travel party when going through screening at an airport where the TSA is generally in charge of the screening show.

Last edited by tanja; May 22, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

But also is this the way we great tourists/ yes I know that is how we do it.

But it is sick. Very sick. Her daughters would not do good at all.Neither would their parents. Last time USA would see this family.

Why would this matter?

Very remote? I got that everytime I travel. Also I do think females are more uncom. with this. Me if they would have been a inch more my VOIVCE would have been heard accross the whole airport. And I am mean the words "you just touched"... Would I be shy about not really. But pissed off big times i am even planning to leave USA with my uS family Cause they cant stand see it..

Last edited by essxjay; May 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old May 22, 2014, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Why would this matter?

There is nothing very remote about the TSA patting down or even groping teenage children who are born in 1998 or earlier -- those being relevant to the age of the children indicated by the OP -- when at a an airport where TSA is in charge of screening, especially as gropes are part of the TSA routine for even such passengers. While the TSA's rump grabs and groin rubs of diapered infants and toddlers has dropped off big time, the pat-downs and groping of even teenaged minors is still very much a real possibility and part of the TSA's routines.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is nothing very remote about the TSA patting down or even groping teenage children who are born in 1998 or earlier -- those being relevant to the age of the children indicated by the OP -- when at a an airport where TSA is in charge of screening, especially as gropes are part of the TSA routine for even such passengers. While the TSA's rump grabs and groin rubs of diapered infants and toddlers has dropped off big time, the pat-downs and groping of even teenaged minors is still very much a real possibility and part of the TSA's routines.
Thank you YES That is what my younger sister is now worried about. cause that would cause big problems. The daughters would freak just like their parents.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe it time the whole family grows up a little then..... It's not a great experience but nothing to be shocked about either. Just act maturely or stay at home.... And please spare us the hysterics.

When flying a patdown can happen anywhere, just got my latest a few days ago in FRA. And I got over it.
Old May 22, 2014, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RTW1
Maybe it time the whole family grows up a little then..... It's not a great experience but nothing to be shocked about either. Just act maturely or stay at home.... And please spare us the hysterics.

When flying a patdown can happen anywhere, just got my latest a few days ago in FRA. And I got over it.

Are you a female comfortable with random strangers playing with or around your mammaries/breasts/labia in the name of "authority"? A lot of women aren't used to this kind of "security" garbage at airports, and I don't welcome it happening to any ordinary passengers either. The patdowns that are normal at airports in say Asia or Africa or much of Europe are quite mild compared to the TSA's gropes and breast and groin examinations of ordinary passengers.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'm surprised you even invited them to visit. I know you've been adamant about telling your family to avoid the United States. Why don't they fly from the Sweden to Toronto, then drive across the border down to Miami, and do the reverse on return? Or they could do a trans-Atlantic cruise.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I'm surprised you even invited them to visit. I know you've been adamant about telling your family to avoid the United States. Why don't they fly from the Sweden to Toronto, then drive across the border down to Miami, and do the reverse on return? Or they could do a trans-Atlantic cruise.
Invited?
I have not invited them at all. They are going for a week to Miami. I live in CA. I am not going to go there since I dont have the time.
And no I have not told my family to avoid USA. I have just told them about security when they ask. But most things they can read on internet.

They dont have the time to do all what you suggest above.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1

You tell that to young people that they have to grow up and say that it is ok to be touched. That is pretty crazzy. And very rude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.