Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Liquids 100ml - Hand luggage restrictions

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 1:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Liquids 100ml - Hand luggage restrictions

What is the likelihood the 100ml rule of hand luggage will ever be lifted in the near future or is this something we have to now except will now never go.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
I understand that there is some new technology that is being tested. But until that is proven to work and is adopted probably unlikely any time soon.

H
Old May 19, 2014, 2:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The European Commission and Parliament are both pushing for it to be partially or wholly rescinded, but I think we are probably some years from that. If all airports installed the appropriate technology then it could happen, but there are cost implications and smaller airports struggle with this. My guess is we are about 2 or 3 years away from this within Europe, and then there's the global picture to consider. Having said that, the priorities of the next European Parliament may be rather different to the outgoing Parliament, and European Council has also not made this a priority.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Thanks guys. My partner has an upcoming business trip in the middle east (Dubai) and he is trying to best avoid putting anything in the hold as he arrives late he want to be in bed asap as he has an early morning meeting the next day and doesn't want to be hanging round the baggage carousel waiting and he has been restricted to flying BA. Also ill he be ok to take a disposable razor blade in hand luggage?
Old May 19, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by icegirl
Thanks guys. My partner has an upcoming business trip in the middle east (Dubai) and he is trying to best avoid putting anything in the hold as he arrives late he want to be in bed asap as he has an early morning meeting the next day and doesn't want to be hanging round the baggage carousel waiting and he has been restricted to flying BA. Also ill he be ok to take a disposable razor blade in hand luggage?
disposable razor blade is fine!
Old May 19, 2014, 2:36 pm

Doubt if any politician would risk rescinding the laws "just in case" - and no civil servant would want to give up any power.

Sir Humphrey: If you want to be really sure that the Minister doesn't accept it, you must say the decision is "courageous".
Bernard: And that's worse than "controversial"?
Sir Humphrey: Oh, yes! "Controversial" only means "this will lose you votes". "Courageous" means "this will lose you the election"!
Old May 19, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
I wish you folks in the EU the best of luck at getting rid of this foolishness.

Here in the US, I cannot imagine it going away unless it's replaced by some even bigger foolishness or a horrendously expensive, terribly unreliable technosolution that turns out to be a pork-laden boondoggle of the highest order.

The problem, of course, is that too many Americans have seen Die Hard With a Vengeance and think it's real.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
As long as people keep believing the lies about liquids being a threat, the idiocy will never go away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.