My good experiences with TSA at PHL

Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EMT-P
My good experiences with TSA at PHL

I fly a few times a month out of PHL and, with almost no exceptions, have had a very good experience with security and the TSA at PHL. The lines are long but move quickly and even though I've received additional screening several times it hasn't been obtrusive or time consuming.

I decided to post today because after getting stuck in a bunch of traffic on I-95, I arrived at the airport at 0728 with my flight boarding at 0735. After showing the TSA lady my boarding pass, she immediately sent me through to a short line where I was the next person to get my ID checked. 5 minutes later I was through the security station and arrived just in time to hear my zone called at the gate.

I know there are horror stories out there but I only have good experiences to share today.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Were you Precheck?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Don't worry. They will get you the next time. Or the next after next time. It is not a question if they do.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by medichill
I fly a few times a month out of PHL and, with almost no exceptions, have had a very good experience with security and the TSA at PHL. The lines are long but move quickly and even though I've received additional screening several times it hasn't been obtrusive or time consuming.

I decided to post today because after getting stuck in a bunch of traffic on I-95, I arrived at the airport at 0728 with my flight boarding at 0735. After showing the TSA lady my boarding pass, she immediately sent me through to a short line where I was the next person to get my ID checked. 5 minutes later I was through the security station and arrived just in time to hear my zone called at the gate.

I know there are horror stories out there but I only have good experiences to share today.
I can second medichill's accounts - I've generally had positive (by which I mean neutral/unremarkable) experiences with TSA at PHL. I do lament the fact that they finally got around to installing MMW at the D/E connector checkpoint last year, but aside from one false positive with an ETD swab (which was efficiently dealt with), I've had no issues.

EWR, on the other hand...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by javabytes
Were you Precheck?
No Precheck. Flying Delta out of Terminal D. Not much of a line and I would have probably been fine but it was nice to get pushed through and be just in time for my zone to board.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Critic
I can second medichill's accounts - I've generally had positive (by which I mean neutral/unremarkable) experiences with TSA at PHL.

Neutral or unremarkable experiences are not positive IMHO. Regardless of what one is doing a positive experience is something beyond neutral or unremarkable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.