Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA disarms sock monkey. Flying public safe again

TSA disarms sock monkey. Flying public safe again

Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
A bit over $500 for the whole package for the four of us. By my estimate, we burned through $300 in ammo.
Thats actually much better than I would have thought! A guy I was stationed with went for a package in Florida or Louisiana, and a similar package was over $1000 for he and his boy, he said the ammo was premium priced and you could only use their ammo in their guns. The good thing, his son got to shoot the same guns he carried in the military.

Back on topic, at least the removal of Woodys gun was at LHR, which is not TSA operated! And I still think the Rooster Monkburn should have kept his (non-functioning, tiny) sidearm.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by relangford
I was told by a TSA "agent" that even using the words "gun" or "bomb" or "threat" or the likes in the security area can make a traverler subject to arrest. By the way, he was in the security area when he spoke those forbidden words!

Originally Posted by rej22222
There's a big difference between using a word and mentioning a word. According to your account, he merely mentioned the forbidden words. No conflict there.
That could be the most ridiculous justification for a ridiculous rule that I have heard on this board, and that's saying something.

Mike
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
That could be the most ridiculous justification for a ridiculous rule that I have heard on this board, and that's saying something.

Mike
You misunderstand. I wasn't justifying the rule. I was denying that the agent violated the rule. The agent never used those words, but only mentioned them. So if the rule is that you can't use those words, no violation.

Pedantic, yes, but if both TSA agents and flyers were more sensitive to the use/mention distinction, there would be less ridiculousness about this issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.