All Cars will be searched

Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

All Cars will be searched

TSA-approved warrantless searches of vehicles parked outside airports are being expanded, with a photograph taken at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport informing Thanksgiving travelers that all vehicles belonging to AmeriPark customers “will be searched by uniformed security.
"I was inside paying my bill. I looked through the window and saw this gentleman looking through my trunk,” said Michelle Zevola, who used the Curbside Valet Service at Charlotte Douglas Airport. “He was moving things around, shining a flashlight, going through the compartments. I am so fine being searched at the airport. It’s about safety. But I am not fine with my personal property being searched without permission or notification,” added Zevola.

Notice the way they just lie their way out of it in the video, regarding the warning. There's no honor among gov't thieves.
http://www.infowars.com/tsa-expands-...s-at-airports/
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stop using valet services at these airports would bring a quick resolution to this issue.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:30 pm

The slippery slope continues. What possible threat to commercial aviation is a car parked in the airport parking lot?!?!?!

-------------

I've always wondered something. In the continuum between: a) checkpoint searches and b) the government searching your home, person computer, tapping your phone, hacking into your email, etc. without any reasonable suspicion (i.e., for no other reason than you bought a plane ticket)...

... where would we finally get >50% of the public to realize they are giving away to much freedom for too little security.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:49 pm

Are they looking for bombs? If somebody is otherwise allowed to have a firearm in their car, is there a problem having one in your car at the airport?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what if I have a mouse problem?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Stop using valet services at these airports would bring a quick resolution to this issue.
A big + 1.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

And what if I have a mouse problem?

There are some humorous applications of mouse traps on
the InfoWars response page to this story. Also traps for larger pests with blue coloration.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I wonder what this parking service's contract terms are.

Every place I have ever parked at has issued some sort of liability disclaimer - not responsible for damage or theft from the vehicle.

Several years ago, I showed up one morning at a lot (non-valet) that I had used for years - only to find out that service had changed. I was supposed to park my car and turn my keys over to the shuttle driver. I was quite unhappy. I often leave everything but my car keys in my parked car: cellphone, house keys, work badge, even my DL if I'm going overseas (things I won't need while I travel), as well as the usual things I wouldn't want stolen - CDs, tools, etc. I was not happy. It was too late to do anything about it that day, but I contacted the lot operators as soon as I got home and told them I wouldn't be back as long as the policy was in force. Interestingly, it was pulled back almost immediately; I wasn't the only patron who didn't want to rely on trusting minimum wage workers with casual access to my car and its contents.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:48 am
Suspended

That only solves a small part of the current problem.

Stop using the airports until the TSA is expunged.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
I don't get it. Presumably, the valets searching our cars are looking for bombs, which begs the question: how are they being trained to detect or defuse bombs? If they discover one and it's wired to go off when someone (who is not trained in such things) moves the device around, there's going to be one heck of a dead, minimum-wage valet parking attendant smeared all over the parking garage.

Or maybe that's that point? Better to kill off a minimum-wage parking attendant than to risk the life of a higher class TSA agent. It's like having one of those bomb removal robots -- except not as skilled -- though much cheaper and more expendable, I guess.

If I were a parking attendant, I would REFUSE to rummage through someone's car. After all, I'm neither trained nor am I receiving hazard pay for finding bombs in someone's trunk.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:37 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
^ Agreed and while I can see (tho I don't agree with it ) cars being searched at on-airport property parking lots as while perhaps owned by a private company, the parking lots are on airport property, I have a very big problem with off-airport parking lots as simply put, they are not on airport property-and this could be a hotel with an airport shuttle, a private parking company or in the case of SFO, the Millbrae BART parking lot as just because the parking lot is near an airport and I used it, it doesn't mean I'm flying.

The Mission Creep needs to stop!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by goalie
And the Mission's Creeps need to be stopped!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
^ Agreed and while I can see (tho I don't agree with it ) cars being searched at on-airport property parking lots as while perhaps owned by a private company, the parking lots are on airport property, I have a very big problem with off-airport parking lots as simply put, they are not on airport property-and this could be a hotel with an airport shuttle, a private parking company or in the case of SFO, the Millbrae BART parking lot as just because the parking lot is near an airport and I used it, it doesn't mean I'm flying.

I have trouble believing that TSA's mandate to screen people and their baggage in order to enter the secured parts of a terminal extends to the car park.

If it does then the damage to our constitution created by the courts carve outs is clear.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I have trouble believing that TSA's mandate to screen people and their baggage in order to enter the secured parts of a terminal extends to the car park.

If it does then the damage to our constitution created by the courts carve outs is clear.
Like any other government agency, TSA's mission extends as far and deep and wide as they choose to extend it, until such time as a court challenge is mounted and goes all the way to a definitive SCOTUS ruling.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Like any other government agency, TSA's mission extends as far and deep and wide as they choose to extend it, until such time as a court challenge is mounted and goes all the way to a definitive SCOTUS ruling.
I refuse to accept that premise. We have a Constitution and laws and I will be damned if I will allow TSA or its employess to abuse this country.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.