PreCheck and wheelchairs?

Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:22 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
PreCheck and wheelchairs?

Saw something unusual today at DTW. A passenger was in the PreCheck line in a wheelchair (with one of the airport's porters), and his BP yielded the three beeps to indicate that he was eligible for PreCheck. But the TDC didn't ask the passenger if he was able to walk through the WTMD; instead, the TDC just said that the passenger would have to go through the normal line.

Later, as I was redressing from the "security" examination, I noted that the passenger was standing at the end of the X-ray conveyor line, gathering his items. So it was obvious that he could have gone through the WTMD in the PreCheck line.

Has anyone else noted if this is a normal "behavior" for the TSA with regard to wheelchaired passengers in the PreCheck line?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by KDS
Saw something unusual today at DTW. A passenger was in the PreCheck line in a wheelchair (with one of the airport's porters), and his BP yielded the three beeps to indicate that he was eligible for PreCheck. But the TDC didn't ask the passenger if he was able to walk through the WTMD; instead, the TDC just said that the passenger would have to go through the normal line.

Later, as I was redressing from the "security" examination, I noted that the passenger was standing at the end of the X-ray conveyor line, gathering his items. So it was obvious that he could have gone through the WTMD in the PreCheck line.

Has anyone else noted if this is a normal "behavior" for the TSA with regard to wheelchaired passengers in the PreCheck line?
It is highly doubtful that any passenger with any kind of "visible" medical issue (or even invisible given the number of people with metal implants/wires) will ever be able to take full advantage of PreCheck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.