Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Hindu Man Denied Flight on JetBlue During Ramadan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://theaerogram.com/flying-while-...uring-ramadan/

As they patted me down for the fourth time, a female TSA agent asked me for my baggage claim ticket. I handed it to her, and she told me that a woman from JetBlue corporate security needed to ask me some questions as well. I was a bit surprised, but agreed. After the pat-down, the JetBlue representative walked in and cooly [sic] introduced herself by name.
For god sake to JetBlue & TSA!!! Leave the muslim alone! There is no reason to kick him out of the plane.

Let bashes on the thread.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Here's his first person account of what happened to him that day. He tested positive for explosives and that started the chain of events. He was able to fly that day, albeit on a different airline.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/2044...-profiled-him/

But as there is already a thread about this A great (long) story about a false positive ETD gone wrong I will ask the mods to merge.

Last edited by Finkface; Aug 24, 2013 at 6:27 pm
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Already under extensive discussion here
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Finkface
Here's his first person account of what happened to him that day. He tested positive for explosives and that started the chain of events. He was able to fly that day, albeit on a different airline.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/2044...-profiled-him/

But as there is already a thread about this A great (long) story about a false positive ETD gone wrong I will ask the mods to merge.
The FBI apparently had problems reading/proofreading numbers.

The South Asian DHS guy speaking Hindi was shocked that a Bengali-American doesn't speak Hindi? Sounds like DHS and the FBI have an ignorance problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.