Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Super Bowl Contest Winner Denied Entry into US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Due to 32 year old pot fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1980--nfl.html
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
This is "moral turpitude"? How much longer are we going to tolerate this kind of behavior from our government?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
This is "moral turpitude"? How much longer are we going to tolerate this kind of behavior from our government?
Paging Senator Menendez...

and a long bipartisan list of blackguards...
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Canada does the same to US citizens. Try to enter if you had a DWI and you will be turned around at the airport. Is this payback?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:37 am

Which one is the dopehead?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by HUB Flyer
Canada does the same to US citizens. Try to enter if you had a DWI and you will be turned around at the airport. Is this payback?
Don't you think America should rise above the B.S.?

Let Canada deny MJ users, and let America be a mecca for MJ users in CO and WA. American wins, Canada loses.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
It's pretty clear from the facts what happened, he was young, blew a joint and got caught.

He needed to file an I-192 with CBP. I am sure if filed out the form and submitted it, he would have been allowed in no problem. I think these nickel and dime violations are stupid, but it's the law.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by HUB Flyer
DWI is far more serious than pot usage. Driving drunk is treated much like the attempted murder that it is in Canada and I applaud them for it: we take drunk driving way too casually in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.