Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA honors its outstanding employees Tuesday

Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT

http://thegardenisland.com/news/loca...a4bcf887a.html

The final sentence of the article:

"TSA will continuously set the standard for excellence in transportation security through its people, processes and technology."

Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by yknot

"TSA will continuously set the standard for excellence in transportation security through its people, processes and technology."
And the People will continuously foot the bill for their Hawaiian vacations.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
“It’s been 10 years since TSA took over security at the airports, and a lot of the people who rolled out the operation are still with the firm,” Mali said.
How fitting. I've heard the British Royal Family also refers to itself as "The Firm."
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
How fitting. I've heard the British Royal Family also refers to itself as "The Firm."
Probably because Walmart or McDonald's wouldn't take them back.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:40 am

"The firm." As in, thugs and gangs, presumably.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:53 am

I wish they were all out standing, all 55,000 of them. Out standing in the unemployment line.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
I wish they were all out standing, all 55,000 of them. Out standing in the unemployment line.
Nah. I don't begrudge anyone a job. More like outstanding warrants. Those license plates don't print themselves!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
http://thegardenisland.com/news/loca...a4bcf887a.html

Looks like the TSA Spin Public Relations Firm of Feh, Blech, Ralph, Belch and Hurl is working overtime

And with that being said, I think I'm now going to be ill
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic

Look, I criticize the TSA as much as anyone here (and probably more than most) but I am quite willing to admit that the TSA is currently the very best gov't-funded, nationally-deployed airport security organization in the USA.

They are, of course, also the very worst gov't-funded, nationally-deployed airport security organization in the USA.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
It is simple statistics actually. In a group of anything, given definable criteria, there is always a percentage of the group that can be defined as the best of the group. The real concern is the definition of the mean and the standard deviation that defines "best."

At least that is what I remember from my statistics class.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:34 am

I don't care that TSA had an awards ceremony. Other public agencies have them, and I think that's okay because employees of all sectors benefit from recognition and positive reinforcement. I'm surprised that traveling to Hawaii during the peak season was approved, though, especially after the GSA awards ceremony fiasco a couple of years ago. Would it be funny or sad if TSA paid for the travel using FF miles?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Schmurrr
I don't care that TSA had an awards ceremony. Other public agencies have them, and I think that's okay because employees of all sectors benefit from recognition and positive reinforcement. I'm surprised that traveling to Hawaii during the peak season was approved, though, especially after the GSA awards ceremony fiasco a couple of years ago. Would it be funny or sad if TSA paid for the travel using FF miles?
I believe these were local TSA employees in Kauai, so no travel involved.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Check out this key detail from the article:

Other key TSA employees being recognized include the Employee of the Year, Denisse Ogata, PA, and Officer of the Year, Iwa Aki, TSO, both of whom could not be in attendance when TSA presented its Eighth Annual TSA Awards at the Kaua‘i Marriott Resort and Beach Club.

TSA held an awards ceremony and the winners had too much self-respect to attend. Outstanding!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
As this post shows up right after 3 posts about criminals working for the TSA.

Integrity Officer of the Year
*snicker*

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.