FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate-687/)
-   -   TSA Pre Check didn't recognize me? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/checkpoints-borders-policy-debate/1413113-tsa-pre-check-didnt-recognize-me.html)

Ronlap Dec 2, 2012 8:40 am

TSA Pre Check didn't recognize me?

I've been using TSA P/C all week with AA but the first time I tried it with UA at SFO I was not recognized as a P/C participant. Any idea how/where I should start to troubleshoot this? I know I've signed up with both frequent flyer programs.

dimramon Dec 2, 2012 9:14 am

Welcome to Flyertalk.

The process is random... Sometimes you get pre-check, sometimes you don't.

FWIW, I am at 40% in my home airport.

Ronlap Dec 2, 2012 9:52 am

Originally Posted by dimramon (Post 19781827)
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The process is random... Sometimes you get pre-check, sometimes you don't.

FWIW, I am at 40% in my home airport.

Ohhhh... I flew 8 AA segments last week and was at 100%. I thought that I would always go through it but possibly be selected for addl searches at the end of the process. I also have Clear but TSA P/C and Clear are at opposite ends of the united terminal.

Carl Johnson Dec 2, 2012 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Ronlap (Post 19782003)
Ohhhh... I flew 8 AA segments last week and was at 100%. I thought that I would always go through it but possibly be selected for addl searches at the end of the process. I also have Clear but TSA P/C and Clear are at opposite ends of the united terminal.

Why are you Pre-Check? If it's only because of status with an airline, I think it doesn't work for other airlines. If it's GE or NEXUS, make sure you put your number in, and make sure your name matches your ID in the Secure Flight boxes for that airline

Ronlap Dec 2, 2012 12:09 pm

I am global entry and nexus. I'll double check that my name is correctly in the UA system. At one time united did not support middle names and to get me into PRC they put my middle name with my first.

Carl Johnson Dec 2, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ronlap (Post 19782655)
I am global entry and nexus. I'll double check that my name is correctly in the UA system. At one time united did not support middle names and to get me into PRC they put my middle name with my first.

Make sure you check it on the Secure Flight page. That's where the number goes and I believe that's where the name is supposed to match up.

sdlatl Dec 2, 2012 10:16 pm

Anyone know any magic tricks to getting selected for PreCheck? I got a Global Entry card as soon as PreCheck was announced two years ago. I'm Delta Gold Medallion, and made sure my GE number was in my Delta information. I live in Atlanta, have gone through security here dozens of times since I got the GE card/number, and I've NEVER been selected for PreCheck. Delta says everything in my account looks perfect, check with TSA. TSA, of course, says they have nothing to do with it, check with Delta. I've also got a CLEAR card, which was great until they folded, and now works fine, but only at MCO, DEN, SFO and HPN.