Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Pistole: The Show Must Go On: Planes, Trains and Buses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SSSSS

Aspen Security Forum: One on One with John Pistole

John Pistole spent more than an hour explaining in Aspen, the TSA's mission and vulnerabilities. I wonder why it took him so long? [Mission: Showtime; Vulnerability: Insight and Judgement]

Pistole: We can't go back to pre-9/11 days.
Why? because we haven't had a repeat 9/11.

When asked, why do I have to take my shoes off, Pistole responded, It's not a risk we're willing to take.

More pearls: Ground travel is where we're most vulnerable. [Expect more Union Station episodes.]

And the TSA will remain, he said, "There are no discussions about reducing the workforce."
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Well, considering that no one in Washington is even talking about TSA and the way how TSA has been ignoring pretty much everything sent their way, it is a writing on the wall. If anything, they will only get bigger and uglier.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: QFF
Won't let me comment on that article because it uses facebook, and I refuse to waste my time with that crap.

“Terrorism has no face,” he said.
Of course it does, it's called the TSA.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure there's a vacant office with his name on the door at The Chertoff Group HQ.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I'm sure there's a vacant office with his name on the door at The Chertoff Group HQ.
Birds of a feather flock together.

Sad thing is that even if we do get a new administration next year, I'm not sure we'll get a better director at TSA.

Same sh!t, different shovel.

Did anyone else ever think they'd miss Kippie?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:16 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Superguy
Sad thing is that even if we do get a new administration next year, I'm not sure we'll get a better director at TSA.
Start a campaign for at FTer to get the job?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Himeno
Start a campaign for at FTer to get the job?
I'd volunteer, but they'd never take me - my intense hatred for TSA is well known in my department and amongst colleagues in the interagency.

I'd dismantle TSA and rebuild it so fast Blogger Bob wouldn't know what hit him.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
I'd volunteer, but they'd never take me - my intense hatred for TSA is well known in my department and amongst colleagues in the interagency.

I'd dismantle TSA and rebuild it so fast Blogger Bob wouldn't know what hit him.
You'd also probably fail the non-critical thinking test

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.