Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

WZVN-TV: 5 TSA employees removed from duty @ Southwest Florida International (RSW)

WZVN-TV: 5 TSA employees removed from duty @ Southwest Florida International (RSW)

Old Jun 21, 12, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did anybody else notice that they blurred out the faces of the clerks but not the faces of the passengers??? I wonder if the TV station did it on their own for their own reasons or if Sari "suggested" it???
Old Jun 21, 12, 11:26 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Wow. 36 employees have been recommended for suspension. The FSD is on a two week unpaid suspension, and the A-FSD has been recommened for a suspension. And 5 are in the termination process.

Seems like a lot of mess, for not doing random supplemental screening during the late shift over a few months, effecting a few hundred (additionally searched) pax. Smells of something much bigger, and they just choose this to shake the boat up a bit. Or is this a new (and aggresive) zero-tolerance policy?
Old Jun 21, 12, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
I'm sorry but the" I'm just following orders is a crock" as I can see the prosecution asking questions like the following to/of the TSO's/defense
Hi goalie,

Remember, these TSA employees that are being punished for not harassing passengers with random searches.

The union can argue that the lower level employees ("one-stripers") would have been written up for insubordination if they had performed the random searches that their management was instructing them not to perform.

I am pretty confident that the arbitrator(s) will agree with the union and the suspended one-stripers will end up being paid for the time they sat at home.
Old Sep 18, 12, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
FSD: "Security has evolved at Southwest Florida International (RSW) Airport"

The News-Press (a Southwest Florida newspaper) has published a piece by Robert S. Cohen, Federal Security Director (FSD) at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Punta Gorda (PGD) Airport... here is the link:

The News-Press:
Federal Security Director Robert S. Cohen:
Security has evolved at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)

10:09 PM, Sep. 17, 2012

A short quote:
Sept. 17 marked the 10th year since the Transportation Security Administration assumed responsibility for aviation screening operations at Southwest Florida International Airport, one year and six days after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Then, as now, the dedicated men and women of TSA in Southwest Florida are committed to providing both world class security and world class customer service to the traveling public.

and
The TSA work force in Southwest Florida remains as dedicated to the safety of the traveling public in 2012 as when we first began screening passengers in 2002. We look forward to strengthening our community partnerships, as homeland security begins in the hometown.
Old Sep 18, 12, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain View Post
The News-Press (a Southwest Florida newspaper) has published a piece by Robert S. Cohen, Federal Security Director (FSD) at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Punta Gorda (PGD) Airport... here is the link:

The News-Press:
Federal Security Director Robert S. Cohen:
Security has evolved at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)

10:09 PM, Sep. 17, 2012

A short quote:
Sept. 17 marked the 10th year since the Transportation Security Administration assumed responsibility for aviation screening operations at Southwest Florida International Airport, one year and six days after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Then, as now, the dedicated men and women of TSA in Southwest Florida are committed to providing both world class security and world class customer service to the traveling public.

and
The TSA work force in Southwest Florida remains as dedicated to the safety of the traveling public in 2012 as when we first began screening passengers in 2002. We look forward to strengthening our community partnerships, as homeland security begins in the hometown.
RAH! RAH! RAH! - USA! USA! USA! - SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP!

I think I'm gonna be ill

Search this Thread
Search Engine: