Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Potentially Terrorist Baby Shuts Down Newark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potentially Terrorist Baby Shuts Down Newark

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillCAD
The trauma of 9/11 is a poor excuse for violating the Constitution and allowing an agency of corrupt street thugs exercise extreme foolishness in a vain and prohibitively expensive attempt to keep us all "safe" from the Big Bwown Muswim Boogey Man.
Of all the myths that have been perpetuated the past decade, one of the most frustrating is the notion that the attacks of 9/11/01 were a checkpoint security breach.

No one doubts that the attacks represented a security breach.

But that breach was not at the checkpoints.

If people would get rid of their "Remember 9/11! Never forget! I was in Manhattan that day!" blinders, perhaps passengers such as Mr. Healy wouldn't make such moronic statements.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
Yeah, "the incident" was definitely caused by the parents of a non-ambulatory infant.

Good grief.
Not another security breach at EWR yet again!! What is happening now?

Shame on TSA!!

For god sake to TSA and better leave the parents & baby alone!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
If the TSA is ever checking a diaper, and the child urinates all over the screener, I will be first in line to start a college fund for that child.

Actually, now that I'm an uncle and the family is flying in 3 months, I have some training of my own to do.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by tyberius
This has got to be the height of paranoia.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...m_business_pop
Anyone else find it an oxymoron that an airport would be named "Liberty" in the face of TSA actions? LINO is more appropriate.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:21 am

Finger pointing has begun. TSA blames the port authority and vice versa:
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/...vacuation.html
"...However, the TSA said that Port Authority Police unilaterally made the decision to evacuate the terminal, sweep the terminal for explosives, and re-screen all of the passengers.

The Port Authority decision caused the “inconveniencing of hundreds of passengers, and delaying of numerous flights,” TSA officials said.

The Port Authority said that no security breach is a minor issue and there is no case-by-case basis for adjusting protocol.

The Port Authority added that it was the TSA which was behind the security breach in the first place, because it did not properly screen all passengers..."
Old May 2, 2012, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Marsha Greenberg Motzen's letter in the May 1, 2012 North Jersey Record

The May 1, 2012 North Jersey Record has a letter to the editor about this incident at EWR. Here's the link:

The Record: Letters
May1, 2012

Here is a short quote of the opening lines:
Regarding "Unscreened baby closes air terminal" (Page A-1, April 28):

In what can only be described as part-Keystone Kops, part-"Family Guy" episode, an unscreened baby managed to shut down Terminal C at Newark Liberty International Airport. And we're supposed to feel safe because of these bumbling idiots?
The author then describes her attempt to use her Global Entry card as a photo id at EWR.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
But... but... The Terr'ists use babies! The Terr'ists use old people! The Terr'ists use Americans! The Terr'ists use anything and everything! They're everywhere! They's in my water bottle! They're in cupcakes in jars! They're in breast pumps! They're in Depends! They're in prosthetic breasts! They're in ostomy bags! They're in my collar! They're in my pants! TSA has to check it all, or we'll all blow up in mid-air! 9/11! 9/11! 9/11!
Old May 2, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
The May 1, 2012 North Jersey Record has a letter to the editor about this incident at EWR. Here's the link:

The Record: Letters
May1, 2012

Here is a short quote of the opening lines:
Regarding "Unscreened baby closes air terminal" (Page A-1, April 28):

In what can only be described as part-Keystone Kops, part-"Family Guy" episode, an unscreened baby managed to shut down Terminal C at Newark Liberty International Airport. And we're supposed to feel safe because of these bumbling idiots?
The author then describes her attempt to use her Global Entry card as a photo id at EWR.
The lady has a couple basic facts wrong (it's not a "new program", although precheck is; it's issued by CBP, not TSA, although they "partner" in the precheck program), but the message ("dog and pony show") is correct.

Also, babies are well-known for being ticking time bombs, and frequently dropping said bombs in a crowded area (ie, planes, restaurants, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.