Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Naked man arrested at Portland International Airport after disrobing at security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Naked man arrested at Portland International Airport after disrobing at security

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by alanR
How long before being naked is compulsory?
Nah, it'll be like in the doctor's office. You'll go into a cubicle, strip and put on paper scrubs, get scanned/swabbed/groped/rubbed while your clothing is irradiated, xrayed, swabbed and scoped, then you'll be allowed to proceed.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by chollie
Nah, it'll be like in the doctor's office. You'll go into a cubicle, strip and put on paper scrubs, get scanned/swabbed/groped/rubbed while your clothing is irradiated, xrayed, swabbed and scoped, then you'll be allowed to proceed.
You will have to be naked when you enter the terminal with all luggage shipped separately. Of course you won't be allowed to enter the terminal unless you produce X-Rays from a few hours before just in case you are a bum bomber (a bumber?)
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by alanR
How long before being naked is compulsory?
As older generations die out and newer (if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide) generations take over, then this will be the ultimate result of the current direction.

I'm not much for believing in slippery slopes, but the general public doesn't seem too keen on pushing back as more layers of stupidity are added on (or removed, as it were). All in the name of security, as they say.

If we went back in a time machine to 20 years ago and showed the traveling public how security at airports was going to be in 2014, they would think you were an insane liar, as nobody could possibly tolerate being treated that way.

And if someone came back in a time machine from 2024 and showed us how it looks then, we would more than likely also react with horror and disbelief.

We are the frogs being slowly brought to a boil in a pot of water.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:13 am

Being naked will not matter... one will have to start proving that the
pacemaker, hip prosthesis, etc... are actual medical devices instead
of surgically planted explosive devices.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by FredAnderssen
As older generations die out and newer (if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to hide) generations take over, then this will be the ultimate result of the current direction.

I'm not much for believing in slippery slopes, but the general public doesn't seem too keen on pushing back as more layers of stupidity are added on (or removed, as it were). All in the name of security, as they say.

If we went back in a time machine to 20 years ago and showed the traveling public how security at airports was going to be in 2014, they would think you were an insane liar, as nobody could possibly tolerate being treated that way.

And if someone came back in a time machine from 2024 and showed us how it looks then, we would more than likely also react with horror and disbelief.

We are the frogs being slowly brought to a boil in a pot of water.
Agree completely. And by 2024, just the sight of my naked body will likely be considered a terror event -- children will scream, women will faint, and men will vomit.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Blogndog
Agree completely. And by 2024, just the sight of my naked body will likely be considered a terror event -- children will scream, women will faint, and men will vomit.
Mine already does

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.