Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

PHX: Using my US Airways boarding pass for tomorrow to get to a Southwest gate today?

PHX: Using my US Airways boarding pass for tomorrow to get to a Southwest gate today?

Old Mar 1, 12, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying out of PHX Saturday morning at 8 am on US Airways.

My son has a layover on Southwest tomorrow afternoon at PHX.

Normally, I would just purchase a refundable ticket to get through security to visit with him for a few hours, but since I will have already checked in and printed my boarding pass, do you think the TSA will let me through 15 hours early?

Both flights are in Terminal 4, but will be through different security checkpoints.

I can't find anything on the TSA website.
Old Mar 1, 12, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by climbermom View Post
I'm flying out of PHX Saturday morning at 8 am on US Airways.

My son has a layover on Southwest tomorrow afternoon at PHX.

Normally, I would just purchase a refundable ticket to get through security to visit with him for a few hours, but since I will have already checked in and printed my boarding pass, do you think the TSA will let me through 15 hours early?

Both flights are in Terminal 4, but will be through different security checkpoints.

I can't find anything on the TSA website.
No. TSA will not let you through because you do not have a same day BP.

But, no reason to make this harder than it is/ There is no reason to go through the shenanigans of buying a refundable ticket and cancelling. Just explain your reason to the WN counter and they will issue you a gate pass.
Old Mar 1, 12, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Yes, boarding pass has to be same day. Refundable ticket is one way to workaround this, or as other have suggested, see if you can get a gate pass.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: