Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

2 BOS Baggage Handlers arrested on charges of stealing from checked bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

This is insane!! This is crazy enough why they were accused steals the personal items from checked bags. They were arrested on charge of theft and grand larceny. They have stay away from Logan Airport. No one ever steals the cash, tobacco, cameras, expensive electronics, and etc. Both of them will have go to court on Apr 18.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrode...ll_Local_Links

Airlines will fired on those 2 baggage handlers and they will taking it away his SIDA badge. This must stop stealing the personal items from checked bags.

Shame on him!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Massachusetts State Police -- not TSA -- make BOS safe!

This just cannot be.... Boston is one of those airports in which TSA rolled out its "Israeli-style Behavior Screening":

Foxnews:
Passengers Face Israeli-Style Behavior Screening at Boston's Logan Airport

Published August 02, 2011

"The advanced training the officers receive includes both classroom and on-the-job experience designed to enhance their communication skills and engage in conversations with passengers to verify or dispel suspicious behavior and anomalies," [TSA spokesman Greg Soule] said.

"The vast majority of passengers will experience a 'casual greeting' conversation with a behavior detection officer after they provide their ID and boarding pass," he said. "A small portion of passengers may get selected for an extended, but still limited conversation."
How'd that work out for TSA, Mr. Soule?

Fortunately, the Massachusetts State Police is there to clean up after TSA:

WVCB TV:
Police: Airport Workers Raid Luggage, Steal Valuables
Police Work To Get Items Back To Owners

POSTED: 3:58 pm EST February 29, 2012
UPDATED: 5:14 pm EST February 29, 2012

A short quote:
The arrests follow a month-long investigation into luggage thefts by the Massachusetts State Police and Massport.

The two workers, identified as Lashawn Fontenot, 25, of Lynn, and Joshua Wright, 25, of Mattapan, stole high-dollar items, including cash, cameras, tobacco and electronics worth thousands of dollars from checked luggage, investigators said.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:23 pm

Good they caught them and glad they are going to court!!!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by usagishouse
Good they caught them and glad they are going to court!!!!!
Yup, sure does. They will go to prison for a long time. They won't be working at airport anymore.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:52 pm

I read stories like this now, and say "In other words, it's ______day."
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We still need sting operations to catch these guys.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
We still need sting operations to catch these guys.
Great idea!! Let's round'em it up! They will being caught the bad guys off airport property. They will have install security surveillance camera. I think they will keep safe. No one who stealing the personal items, electronics, cash and etc. Must keep the bag locked all of the times. Must be secured the bags. Must be aware of thieves and no one opened the bags.

Did you hear the news, LoganTSO?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: Many
I wonder if these are the screeners responsible for theft from my luggage last year....
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
I wonder if these are the screeners responsible for theft from my luggage last year....
Yeah, you should kept locked the bags all of the time. No one to opened the bags.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, you should kept locked the bags all of the time. No one to opened the bags.
My bags were locked with TSA approved locks and had TSA slips in them afterwards informing me they had been opened and inspected by TSA. Electronics were missing. This actually happened to be several times over the last few years. The nature of my business required me to travel with more electronics than could fit in my carryons and UPS/DHL cost was prohibitive. I hope more TSA baggage thieves get caught!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.